August Rift Raid, 12-men and 49+. Wednesday 18th of August

Random chat discussion
Madrin
Questionable Morals
Questionable Morals

August Rift Raid, 12-men and 49+. Wednesday 18th of August

Post by Madrin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:38 pm

Heya fellow kinnies,

after a discussion in the kinchat i noticed there is some interest in trying to do a real raid with our kin and because the Rift is the lowest lvl raid and with the fewest needed people we will try this one first. The raid will be held on the 18th of August in the evening. It is quite a long raid which can take 4+ hours, so we may have to complete it later (it doesnt have to be done in one night). For the raid you need to be lvl 49+ atleast (Thaurlach, the last boss, is lvl 54) and have enough morale/power/disease/wound etc. and got atleast 5 +5 Hope Tokens. If you sign up for the raid you are obligated to come or sign off atleast 2 days in advance so a replacement can be searched. We need 12 spots filled for this run or it won't go on. If you want to come please respond in this post and with which character (also name your class and lvl plz) you want to come and ill write you down beside your spot (please only respond if you are 45+ and/or are sure you will get atleast lvl 49 on the day of the run, but preferable before the 2 days before it so we can look for a replacement if you wont make it). The first to respond will get the spot and if you sign off later then next in line will get the spot (wont give spot back though if you sign off and want back again). If we got open spots still 2 days before the runs i will fill em with any classes that dont belong there (if anyone doesnt have a spot then). Also if you sign up, please read the tactics needed for this raid atleast once in advance, this will save us time in there (found as example here: http://lotrovault.ign.com/wiki/index.ph ... ide_Part_1). The time of the run will be 19:00 gmt because of the considerable time we need to do this run and please if you go, try to be online atleast 15 mins in advance (30 mins is perfect) so we can go 19:00 gmt/20:00 cet exactly and thus have send all invites and summons already.

Spots for the Run:

Tank 1 (Guardian/Warden): Madrin
Tank 2 (Guardian/Warden): Iarnguard
Healer 1 (Minstrel) : Ferbrand
Healer 2 (Minstrel/RK) : Ketricken, lvl 51 (minstrel)
Crowd Control 1 (LM/Burg):
Crowd Control 2 (LM/Burg):
Buff 1 (Captain) :
Buff 2 (Captain) : Cenfled, lvl 65
Dps ranged 1 (Rk/Hunter)* : Khargul, lvl 62 (RK)
Dps ranged 2 (Rk/Hunter)* : Xanathi
Dps melee 1 (Champion)* : Loreniel
Dps melee 2 (Champion)* : Rysaak, lvl 52

*If more ranged or more melee dps sign up then these can be interchanged (only ranged dps or only melee dps aint that big of a problem).

Those are the spots we need to get filled, and if your classes' spot are already filled then please still sign up for when we are short on people or some sign off. If there are any more questions about the run you can post it here on the forum or send me a tell in-game and ill try to answer it as the best i can. I hope to hear from as many as possible so we may actuelly do our first succesful raid run with this kin.

Kind Regards,

Madrin Ironguard

PS: I signed up as my Guardian but if needed i can use my LM instead.
At your service, and your family's!

Thormok
Guardsman
Guardsman

Re: August Rift Raid, 12-men and 49+. Wednesday 18th of Augu

Post by Thormok » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 pm

I can come on my RK or my minstrel, whichever is most prefered. Sign me up as ranged dps on my RK for the moment since he is the only sure class that will rock in there.

RK: Khargul, level 62

Minstrel: Thormok, currently level 37, but he'll level quickly. Put him up as a spare in case we need an extra healer. I could heal on the RK, but I dont really find it very fun... I'll do it if my level on the mini is too low though.

If there's a lack of CC I could pop in on my burglar(level 54) instead.

Confused? I am. :D
Ex-Ranger.

Fused

Post by Fused » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 am

Should be fun :D . Sign Fused (level 62 captain) up please. But if we have other lower level capys that wana go I'm happy to give up my spot. Any Idea what the planned start time will be?

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:51 am

Depending on the time i may be able to come/lead.

Tip: Minstrels should have the hope ring legendary as well (it's rather important for thr balrog fight if you get that far.)

P.S. Locks reset Mon & Thu
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Thormok
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Thormok » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Balthelion wrote: Tip: Minstrels should have the hope ring legendary as well (it's rather important for thr balrog fight if you get that far.)
Song of the Hopeful Heart?
Just wanna make sure I know what you mean. :P
Ex-Ranger.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Yup that sounds like the one :)

Arwenlos

Post by Arwenlos » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:56 pm

i will join rift raid but not sure who with yet, either Arenlos or thoridora depending if i can get him to lvl 48 by then so put my name down

tuvogg

Post by tuvogg » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Tuvogg Minstrel currently 57. Yes I do have hope song slotted and i am now buff specced. I will still need to take my normal "put the kid to bed" 5min AFK but besides that im all yours.

Also signing up for Akailo, 57 Warden

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Try this guide:
http://lotrovault.ign.com/wiki/index.ph ... ide_Part_1

Again, if nearer the date spaces are available i'll bring the cap/hunt/burg/ward (or possibly even champ if he gets his arse in gear). Otherwise I'll be making a trip to the Lieutenant with Lemonraid for some wipey fun :)

We should get everyone on the Vent server for it too - even if you don't have a mic or are too shy to talk ;)
Hopefully it will have some meaningful discussion/tactics, instead of the usual jokes about Madrin's lost/prosthetic/insufficient manhood :D

mookwin

Post by mookwin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:18 am

I will come to DPS with my champ. and I am sorry about my low active lately. got lots of thinks do to in real life.