Swearing In Kinchat

Random chat discussion

What is your opinion on the use of swear words in Kinchat?

I don't mind at all
22%
I don't mind, provided its not directed at someone
56%
I'm neutral, but think others may find it inappropriate or offensive
11%
I don't like like it, but don't want to have to use the chat filter
No votes
I don't like it, but I use the chat filter / would encourage others to do so
11%

Total votes: 9

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Swearing In Kinchat

Post by Balthelion » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:18 pm

So, what's everyones opinions on this matter?

Pondering whether to implement some rules on this as part of some greater kin rules.

Personally I don't mind casual use ("Oh shit!" etc.), although I'm just concerned that some kinnies may not like seeing this sort of thing in kinchat.

For me, any directed swearing towards another kinny ("Fuck you!" etc.) is a serious matter, which could warrant an expulsion depending whats going on.

Would love to hear as many views as possible on this :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Thormok
Guardsman
Guardsman

Re: Swearing In Kinchat

Post by Thormok » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 am

I usually swear a lot, but I try to keep it down when I'm playing MMOs. Sorry if a few fuck's have gotten through and if Im the reason this poll was created. :P

Overall I don't mind about swearing, even though I myself find it as an unecessary way to enhance sentences. I cant recall seeing much of it in our kinchat however. Especially not directed to another player.
Hostility against another kinny should always be taken seriously though, not just in case there's swearing involved!

Not too crazy about implementing a rule that restricts our speech(gotta be more people that me that use curse words unintentionally out of old habit), would be kind of like not allowing smileys, but it could be worth mentioning that we prefer a mature atmosphere.
Ex-Ranger.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:41 am

Don't worry, it's not your fault :P (And this topic isn't directed at any person in particular). I've been known to drop a few words myself (though admitedly late at night or when I know the people online, and they won't be offended)

It's just a bit of Democracy going on (bit rare given that a lot of kins are run like dictatorships :P)

Agreed that having to implement a ban wouldnt be prefered (as it would have to be enforced for starters), which is why I'm trying to gauge others opinions. There is of course always the chat filter for those who may be easily offended, but we all know that bans about 10 normal words for every swear word. And doesn't (to my knowledge) block any non-english swearwords.

At the end of the day, it shouldn't be too hard or to much to ask for people to censor themselves if it came to it. It might be easy to shout "Fuck!" at the desk, but it takes a while to write it. Quite easy to write something like "OMFG!" instead in chat.

And yes, any sort of hostility (swearing or otherwise) directed towards another kinny is a matter taken seriously and likely to receive punishment.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Ferbrand
Bacon Connoisseur
Bacon Connoisseur

Post by Ferbrand » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:11 am

Balthelion wrote: And yes, any sort of hostility (swearing or otherwise) directed towards another kinny is a matter taken seriously and likely to receive punishment.

And punishments will include something with a whip and a robber duck! The rest of it will be a surprise!! :shock:

Ferby and the other dudes

randiri
The Pilgrim
The Pilgrim

Post by randiri » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 pm

how can you punish someone with a rubber duck.

and about the actulla chat i mean its ok to say something as a reacreattion as long it get taken by the chat filter
sorry if my spelling sucks