PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:35 pm 
Esquire
Esquire

Yeah ... looks like I'm waiting until Winter or a Black Friday sale. :/

Saralindele - 35 Minstrel

Post subject: Re: Mordor Pre-Order is up
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:37 pm 

Yeah, same.
For once I was actually planning on PRE-ordering (something I haven't done with any of the previous expansions iirc). But when I saw the prices, and saw the list of what they were including..... uhm, no. Just no. :o
Someone must have been VERY drunk when they dreamed up those prices, methinks. Even the basic package for $40 doesn't really seem worth the price, considering it will be 2495 LP in-game (when they finally DO release it, half a year after cash purchases...)! :shock:

So yeah... Now I'm thinking I might just wait until there's a sale on the expansion. Pity though, since I was really expecting much better from SSG. :?

Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 am 

The rage is strong in this d0rf.

WHY are they not making it purchasable with teepee until December? What about those of us who spent money to get teepee and now can't use them?

IMO they should increase the price to (say) 4295 - same as HD - and allow immediate purchase.

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:54 pm 

It looks like Mordor will have to wait. Not going to buy at those prices. Was looking forward to buy with LP, so looks like december.

Gilbemiel - Minstrel (105)
Oleah - Warden (105)
Elannorel - Rune Keeper (105)
Golgovard - Burglar (32) Watch your wallets!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 pm 

Posted my thoughts on Lotro forum, can add the same thing here.

When they first announced the expansion and there would be pre-order deals, I was set on getting the biggest version. Since that is what I usually go for.
And since I don't subscribe anymore, bought all that the areas and instances. While still playing and enjoy the game, perhaps bit too much at times, I'm considering the money not spent on subscription a saving I can use on other things, like an expansion.

I like fluff, a lot, but after seeing what is included in the Ultimate bundle I'm a bit reluctant to fork out the money.
With more information about the things included, some in-game screenies of the cosmetics and how they dye, I might be persuaded otherwise.

These are my thoughts
* Personally don't care about the insta lvl thingy, as said above I enjoy the game and don't want to miss out on that. So that thing has no value for me.
* The essence reclamation I can easily get in-game, plus Mordor has whole new gear so old gear and essences are pretty useless for most part. For me those don't really have any value.
* Housing item teleport. Not sure about that. Only way I can see any use for it is if there are no swift travel or barteable travel skills. If those are around then I see no point in going to my house first, then get to Mordor.
* High-Elf - While I do like some of the animations they use, for the most part it's just a new skin on the same classes. For me, and what's been shown so far, not really a must-have at release.
* Regarding the titles I think the "Walked into Mordor" is a fun one with some nice references to other related things. One thing I'm slightly confused about though. If the insta-lvl thingy is included, did the character that used that really walk into Mordor? Seems bit more like slept through the taxi ride and reached the end destination clueless about the journey. The other I don't get at all, "The Ultimate", the ultimate of what?
* The XP-accelerater is nice. But I only use them when I also have a XP-disabler available on the character. Feels like I miss out too much of the journey otherwise

Regarding Collectors bundle, well there's just not things in it that would make me want to pay that kind of money.

I'm either at Ultimate bundle or standard edition. And until I see more about what is actually included in the Ultimate bundle, I think the standard will suffice.

A side note, looking at the Market page. Helms Deep base edition has more interesting things added to it, and same price as Mordor standard. So comparing that base edition with Mordor Standard, to me it feels like Helms Deep is a better bundle.
This is just comparing bundle to bundle, not considering release date.
And looking back what was included in Helm-Deep Legendary package, I got that straight away and I have never regretted it. A great bundle even today. Wish some would have looked at that before setting up Moria bundles.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:23 pm 
Esquire
Esquire

I haven't posted in the official forums in a long while, but it's lit with players who are unhappy. Including myself. I will not be renewing my VIP for now. I've been subbing for 9 years and only lapsed my sub occasionally. Plus all the additional lotro points I've purchased through the years. But this waiting until WINTER to get my High Elf and Mordor is just too much. Feeling very disappointed.

Saralindele - 35 Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am 
Esquire
Esquire

Fun times, hope my Lifetime pays out once again and they wont make me pay for anything..

Oh my sweet Middle-earth, how I long for a whole day of fishing around, drinking ale and patting all the dwarves and hobbits on their heads, maybe splitting orcs heads and putting them on pikes.. any raids in plans?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:16 pm 

Vimegorn wrote:
any raids in plans?

There is a raid planned, but it will not be released with the Mordor expansion itself, but "will follow in a patch 'soon'™ after launch", i.e. in a so-called 'dot update' (.1 or .2 most likely).
It will be a multi-boss raid, and will be called (or at least take place in?) "Abyss of Mordath".

Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 pm 

FYI - here's what I sent to Account Support today as a FU:

Quote:
On 24th April, I purchased some LOTRO points for £24.99 via Paypal intending to use them to fund the upcoming expansion. I am now extremely upset to find that, contrary to previous expansions, Mordor cannot be bought with LOTRO points at the time of release. I bought Moria, Rohan, Helm's Deep and Anorien with purchased points. I would therefore respectfully ask for a refund of my money (to be fair, with consequent removal of the purchased points from my total) so that I can use real money to buy Mordor. This is the first time my standard method of buying expansions with real money converted into points has not worked, and therefore means that points are not as valuable as money.

In other words, I'll buy Mordor on time if they refund me the teepee I bought with real money with the intention of getting it.

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next