It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lag monsters?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 pm 

Recently the lag has been a lot lower, even in raids. I've been able to play TSS on Very High/DX10 without slowdon even with a lagmaster in the group.

What are your experiences?

Some thoughts I've had as to why things may have improved:

- I've put my computer on a couple of old DVD boxes to let air circulate underneath it and so reduce overheating
- Windows 10 update has actually worked for a change
- LOTRO made some client changes

Hmm. I'm not complaining, just curious.

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Post subject: Re: Lag monsters?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:45 pm 
High Warden
High Warden

a couple of days ago, i was in a skroink run on hunter. no lag for about the first half, even with lm skills (they were intentionally avoiding ring of fire, and didn't use it at all.)

suddenly, the entire group got spiked with lag, to the point the lm had to cut out lightning storm and ISG. these hadn't been causing problems initially, but once the lag started, it recurred every pull until we finished. even between pulls, we had a little difficulty moving smoothly, but the pulls were messier than they should have been because of the lag.

i'm inclined to believe this was server-specific - since it happened so suddenly, and hit everyone the same way. but before the W10 update, i was pretty lag-free anyway, unless there were a lot of ppl around, and i'm not noticing much difference since.

Post subject: Re: Lag monsters?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 am 
Esquire
Esquire

Hmm, I haven't experienced lag, but a few disconnections since the update. I would lose connection to the chat server, then a minute or later, disconnect.

Saralindele - 35 Minstrel

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]