Thoughts on new essences and gearing

Random chat discussion
Aedfrith

Thoughts on new essences and gearing

Post by Aedfrith » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:28 am

We all know that the loot for the new instances is shocking.

A couple of things I've learned:
- 4 slot armour can drop in Pelennor instances even on T1 (though rarely).
- Osgi instances drop 105 armour AND 105 3-slot jewellery and offhands.

Therefore it would seem to be sensible to concentrate on Osgi 105 initially, RC and DOS in particular, especially for classes like Hunter and Captain with indispensable Osgi 4-set and Champ, Guard and Warden with good Osgi 2-set bonuses.

I tanked RC 105 yesterday on Aldnoth, who has good avoidances and partials and a bit less morale than some tankycaps (~50k with buffs and about 44k tac mastery) with a champ and newbie minstrel. The big hits (A Cut, big bleed) were still big and needed the minnie to do his big burst heals. The only real issue was unbreakable stun while big bleed was up. RC is still farmable, and despite more stuff being around Thrug, you can still run quite easily though you probably need to flop at the first gate if you can.

When we get a 105 healer we should farm some Dome.

Finally, it seems the most valuable items in the game now are Universal Solvents and Essence Reclamation Scrolls. (Good thing I have about 85 of the latter...)
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Arc

Re: Thoughts on new essences and gearing

Post by Arc » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:06 pm

I have a healer at 105. And I'm guessing a few others do (by now) as well?

Also, I heard they 'fixed' Dome of Stars such that you can NOT now skip along the edge and run past 90% of the mobs, but you now actually have to fight your way through all the trash. I haven't checked this myself though; it's only what I heard.

Among the "indespensable" Osgiliath armour sets I would most definitely count the RK 'Cleanser' set - and I've also learned that armour pieces of different levels still work together to activate the set bonus(es), so you could mix and match pieces together; i.e. you don't have to get all the new pieces at 105 before you replace your old ones, you can do it one piece at a time! :D
Since all the Osgiliath instances are scaled ones from lvl 50+, all of the loot (armours, jewelry, weapons, ...) found in them will also scale to the same level as the instance. (Meaning you could even get lvl 50 armour pieces just to complete a set and activate some bonus, if you really wanted to :P)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Arc wrote:I have a healer at 105. And I'm guessing a few others do (by now) as well?

Also, I heard they 'fixed' Dome of Stars such that you can NOT now skip along the edge and run past 90% of the mobs, but you now actually have to fight your way through all the trash. I haven't checked this myself though; it's only what I heard.
The only thing they've fixed is the door exploit, so you have to fight the door wardens to get the door open. You can run past most of the orcs.
Same with RC - you can still run and/or first gate flop.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Further thoughts on armour sets for toons I'm likely to bother gearing:

Captain:
- Tank: 2 Osgi Healer (+10% healing), ? (4 Faramir?)
- Support: 4 Osgi Charge (OBs reset), ? (2 Faramir?)
- Healer: 2 Osgi Healer (+10% healing), 4 Pelennor (Revealing = 20% morale return)

Champion:
- Smush: 2 Pelennor (+10% melee damage), 2 Osgi Storm (+10% Blade damage), random 2-set (one of the other 2 Osgis, or else slotted).
- Chank: 4 Osgi Champ (-Exalted Combatant CD), 2 Pelennor

Hunter:
- 2 Pelennor (+10% ranged damage), 4 Osgi Bowmaster (instant Heartseeker). (Complete no-brainer, btw)

Minnie:
- Healer: 4 Pelennor (Inspire Fellows DR stacks 3 times - so max -12% damage), Random (maybe the 2 DA set still for +5% healing crit chance)

RK:
- Burn: 2 Pelennor (+10% tac dmg), 2 Osgi Cleanser (+2 DOTs), (2 Faramir?)
- Zap: 2 Pelennor, 2 DA, 2 Osgi Thunder-caller
- Healer: 2 Osgi (maybe), (4 Faramir?)