Introducing ourselves to Laurelin...

Random chat discussion
Aedfrith

Introducing ourselves to Laurelin...

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 am

Think we need to start saying hi to the server especially now more Snowbourn kins have moved over (MMW, Gondolin's Heritage, Flame of Anor etc).

How do people feel about doing something that's relatively in-character - a Roving Threat hunt through Eriador - and advertising it in world? When would be a good time given Christmas is on us - maybe 27th, 28th or 29th? We'll need at least one tanky and one healer, either of whom I can provide of course, and a couple of hunters for map tracking duty. Does that time work?

A Roving Threat hunt also has the advantage that it's something other people can join and leave at will.

Would it be a good idea, though not absolutely necessary, to wear Grey Company-type cosmetics, which everyone who's done Isengard epic should have access to? Is there any particular colour we should use as an identification? Thoughts welcome.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Obion
Loading…

Re: Introducing ourselves to Laurelin...

Post by Obion » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:23 am

Leaving for Christmas on the 23rd, should be back around the 28th. After that I can come on most, guard is the one doing/has been doing RT's so that would be the preferred.
So given the date, I'm in.

For cosmetic there's always the fugly ranger green dye. I've tried both sets in various combination, none dye extremely well unless it's in a bit more dark/shady colour and combinations of the 2 sets seems to work best when it comes to colouring.

Tarahen

Post by Tarahen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:44 pm

I can be around on the 28th, and maybe on the 27th, depending on the hour.
As for the cosmetics, I don't think I keep rangers clothes on any toon...
Golgordar - Lore Master (105)
Tarahen - Captain (105)
Golgoroc - Guardian (105)
Gilbemiel - Minstrel (105)
Oleah - Warden (105)
Elannorel - Rune Keeper (105)
Golgovard - Burglar (32) Watch your wallets!

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Well, I'm going to suggest this happens at 8pm UK tomorrow (should be back by then).
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Meet tonight at the South Gate of Bree. We'll have help from some cookies and some others.

Pergarwe1
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Pergarwe1 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:08 pm

I'll be there

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:20 am

Thanks all for coming - Foro, Angmar, Evendim and North Downs can consider themselves duly purged.

Arc

Post by Arc » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:18 pm

On a somewhat related subject; how is the recruitment going on Laurelin? I suspect the cutthroat competition for available players is pretty fierce. Lots of kins from all over, trying to rebuild themselves and find a niche somewhere etc.

Nevertheless, it might be a good idea to try and get on top of this sooner rather than later. We could probably really use, say, 30-50 or so new members, if we hope to stop the kin's steady decline towards death that has been so very prevalent this year... =/

New year, time to revigourate the kin. :)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:26 pm

We're doing OK, hoovered up a lot of Doombiscuits, and cookie chat is active - The Evolution looks like a good kin to have an alliance with, nice people and good players. Regular raids, too.