So only 5 European servers

Random chat discussion
Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: So only 5 European servers

Post by Baz » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:15 am

Aedfrith wrote:Strongly recommend going onto both Evernight and Laurelin and name-squatting your toons (i.e. creating level 1 toons with the names of those you care about) so that when it comes time to move, you will guarantee to keep your name...

... though I was too late on Laurelin for Aedfrith, Aldfryd, Rumbold and Morriarty...
Yeah I will lose the names Kealin and Sprig. But no matter, as I have saved some more preferable ones anyway. They are just lovely names related to Buddhism and the meanings of them are wonderful :)

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Om Nomnomnom?
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Aedfrith wrote:Om Nomnomnom?
No Aed, there are no chants in amongst them lol

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:30 am

Andy - they will be moving the EU servers back to europe.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:51 am

Aye, Amsterdam I believe.

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:58 pm

So, who else has investigated character names on the servers and put down their flags?
For what its worth, since if an incoming character can usurp a name, surely they would overright a placeholder character...
Charmap.jpg
Charmap.jpg (59.97 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
Charmap.jpg
Charmap.jpg (59.97 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
Green are characters that do not need a rename
Orange are characters i need to rename
Red are characters that I'm particularly salty about having to rename (Who knows, I may still usurp the name on arrival)

All in all, not a bad shout on either server.

I'm saltier about having to rename members of the A-Team (that is, my original lineup of 9 from the old days):
  • Brya gets the chop on Laurelin unfortunately, which is the hardest thing to take. Managed to bag it on Evernight though. I'd probably opt to append the H if nothing better can be done and i don't usurp the name on arrival. When all is said and done, it's the only name change i'm truly bitter about (kinda as youd expect, since shes my favourite)
  • Balthelion needs a slight tweak either way. All said, it is minor and i could get used to it, but it breaks the lore suffix. But no more BAL THE LION jokes :P
  • Kharmul didn't make it through on Laurelin, but i did managed to bag the cool sounding Orsvin from the name generator, so i may go for a straight swap. It's a name thats wither identical or with an added 'r' to the name of the easterling nazgul (though unintentional at character creation), so it may rub people the wrong way on the RP server anyway. I don't have quite the emotional attachment to poor Kharmul that i do with most of my other A-listers anyway (You will note, he is the single token dwarf in my roster). He'd probably be retired in favour of Adlanniel if she ever caught up.
  • Madic didn't make it on either server, and will need a medium name change either way to fit on.
  • Pendalas also didn't make it on either server, but an arbitrary vowel change (doesn't affect the pronounciation), and he's sorted in either case. Again, not the strongest emotional attachment (Two unlevelled b-team elf maidens aside, he's the token elf of the roster)
  • Arkunir, Eoradain, Holibrand, Iarngard & Skalvig all make it through with flying colours though

Then there are the B-team alts that made it to the big leagues of a-list status
  • Fyore and Trystana pass in both servers (surprised that Trys did tbh)
  • Avella unfortunately isn't so lucky. Strip out an L, and she passes on Laurelin, but all obvious variations thereof are gone on Evernight. Like with Bal, it's a minor cosmetic change that i could learn to live with, just a bit salty about any change to the holy trinity of hobbit lasses (especially since the name Avella was specifically chosen for its translation as Hazelnut - her hair colour, did you know?)
The rest of the b-team, changes i can deal with, since they are pretty much all unlevelled, and therefore have no major emotional attachments to (still a bummer to have to change most of them)
  • Adlanniel actually probably comes of better on Laurelin with the loss of the 'd' (I think it was shoehorned in because this was already taken on Snowy anyway)
  • Freawyn i knew would be one of the hardest to transfer or rename - All possible variations of Freya are always hotly contested naming picks. I've managed to make do, but she now looks more Polish than saxon.
  • Lilija was anothr one that tends to be contested in all spellings, but a minor change with an extra l salvages her on Laurelin
  • Tiraniel is forced to rename, which is a shame since i'm quite fond of the name. Tried two variations thereof, still not sure how i'll go.
  • Tifridh is the sole survivor in this category, so rest assured that battle cries of TEEEEE-FREEEEEEEEED can continue.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:33 am

Laurelin mirrors:
Squatted: Aldnoth, Hrolfdan, Hraldan, Aednoth
Misspelled: Aedhfrith, Alfraed, Rumbald, Murriarty

Evernight mirrors: All names generated :D

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:59 am

Lost Kealin and Sprig on both. But not too fussed really. Still have Rachie :)

I have created toons and am squatting on some lovely names with wonderful meaning too :)

Obion

Post by Obion » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Obion, Ophilia and Findoren is lost on Evernight. Choose Obeah, Ophulia, and Findoron. Don't really like Ophulia so might go for a completely different
Gizur and Ophilia lost on Laurelin. Went for Gizir and Ophylia. Think I'll stick with those.