So only 5 European servers

Random chat discussion
Pergarwe1
Guardsman
Guardsman

So only 5 European servers

Post by Pergarwe1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Got that little nugget from here

"for free moves between the ten worlds (5 US and 5 EU) that will be remaining available after the end of this year."

So do we think Snowbourn will make the cut?

Arc

Re: So only 5 European servers

Post by Arc » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Before I saw those specific numbers, I would have said; yes most definitely.
But now.... I'm actually not so very sure anymore.

It actually seems a bit biased - and somewhat wrong - to keep 5 US servers (representing not that many countries) and then only keep another 5 for the ENTIRE EU. :?

It is of course impossible for us to know the exact populations on each server - that's more or less pure speculation. The only thing we really have to go on is the activity statistics polled from the login queue, which you can find listed at: http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php.
Note, though, that the data listed there is activity - not population - so should be taken with a grain of salt etc.

Going off of that, the only EU servers that seem to be clearly ahead of Snowbourn are Evernight, Gwaihir and possibly Laurelin. However, there are also several other servers with more or less the same activity as Snowbourn currently, so... it could be touch and go there. :?

It is interesting, though, to see that the only US servers with more activity than Snowbourn are Brandywine, Gladden and Landroval. Therefore I sort of question their decision to keep 5 US servers and 5 EU servers - imo they should keep the 10 most active ones, regardless of region!

That Snowbourn has dropped in activity (and perhaps population) in the last year or so, might be due (in large part, I think) to people - mainly PvMP players - moving over to Brandywine for more/better action in Ettenmoors. Which is sad, really, since it might very well have had an influence on Turbine's decision, should Snowbourn be one of the closing servers. :(
But we'll have to wait until next week to know either way...
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Pergarwe1
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Pergarwe1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:33 pm

The 3rd of the August is the date we get to find out our fate. Will the Rangers move if Snowbourn takes one for the team?

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Regarding the server closure
In my mind Snowbourn would be in the mix for the ones staying, but by no means certain. Snowbourn has a large population but given last years, or so, activity has dwindled. It used to have a large population of kins doing instances and PvMP. Given the recent years of no-show on the instance part and PvMP being what it is, or used to, activitity has taken its toll. So depending on if they count population or activity, Snowbourn might be in for a closure. I'm suspecting they count the latter, population is still large but many inactive.

Regarding Kin
I would like to wait until we know what servers that will close before we start thinking about getting boxes and start packing. But kin will follow kin leader (Brya as current character)
If that would to happen, some planning, suggestions, and announcement would be in order.

Tarahen

Post by Tarahen » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Don't think Snowy would be shut down... some months ago checked the activity in other servers and there were many almost dead. I don't know if that changed lately.
Anyway they could simply merge 2-3 servers in one, almost transparently for users.
Golgordar - Lore Master (105)
Tarahen - Captain (105)
Golgoroc - Guardian (105)
Gilbemiel - Minstrel (105)
Oleah - Warden (105)
Elannorel - Rune Keeper (105)
Golgovard - Burglar (32) Watch your wallets!

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:17 am

Pergarwe1 wrote:The 3rd of the August is the date we get to find out our fate. Will the Rangers move if Snowbourn takes one for the team?
Yes. Though our homes be destroyed, and our folk scattered, the Dunedain will endure.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring,
Renewed shall be blade that was broken -
The crownless again shall be king.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm

It depends entirely how they condense to the 5.

I'd say Laurelin is probably the only safe server, as the EU-RP one.

Then either they will keep German/French servers, or merge them into english speaking ones.

If they keep some of those, that will mean at least one German, One French, and probably Laurelin Survive. Then only two slots to maybe queeze snowy in. In which case it's 50/50.

If they do away with the language servers, they'll probably keep laurelin, and the four biggest other servers, regardless of laguage, and then designate them as english prefered.

Germany has 5 regular servers in addition to it's RP server though, so it may get 2 server slots which won't helpo snowies chances.

But yes, we'll wait till monday to find out our fate. Probably won't hurt for anyone who hasnt been in lotro recently to log in all their characters over the weekend, to make sure their last logins are recent and artificially bump up the number of distinct character logins prior to Monday's announcement.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Pergarwe1
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Pergarwe1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:58 pm

It official Snowbourn is closing. Time for the Rangers to find a new home.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Madness. Madness and Stupidity.

Apparently, Germany and France make up 60% of Europe. Probably because Americans can only name the UK, Spain and Italy before.

I posted on the stupidity of keeping just 2 EN servers (one of which is RP) for all english speaking palyers east of the atlantic. And by english speaking, i basically mean every european player that isnt french or German. I'd advise everyone else does they same. It's a long shot, but maybe they'll listen.

Snowbourn is the last EU world to transfer, because its the next biggest. If they decide to save one more EU server it will be us. Spread the word. Rally the troops.

Otherwise, we'll be looking for a new home. I'd be leaning towards Laurelin over Evernight, since it's supposed to have a good community, but not sure how the RP status will affect things. Suggestions Welcome.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:38 pm

I joined the fight.

if we fail, Laurelin
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)