Update 15 - Discussion

Random chat discussion
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Update 15 - Discussion

Post by Balthelion » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am

OK, looks like we're starting to head towards preview time on this one, so I'll throw up an official topic for us:
Rowan, Executive Producer wrote:Looking forward to sharing more about Central Gondor, the Beorning starting experience, and our first offensive Epic Battle in the next few weeks. All of these are going into internal test now.
Rowan also confirmed the extent on the landmass by replying to my answer to another person on the LOTRO forums:
Balthelion wrote:We'll be getting a new region - Central Gondor - which goes at least as far east as Pelargir, but probably no further. IE, No Minas Tirith, unless they want to surprise us - But I see that as being more of a 2015 thing
Rowan, Executive Prodicer wrote:Osgiliath and Minas Tirith are still next year. Correct!
And he's also dropped some hints about what we can expect to find in Central Gondor:
Rowan, Executive Producer wrote:I've been doing walkthroughs of Central Gondor all week. Looking beautiful. Oh, and Half-Trolls.
Mar-Evayave, Player wrote:Is that even lore-appropriate? Honestly, first thing that pops into my mind is Hagrid (I know, half-giant, not half-troll). And then looking at his half-brother (full giant). Definitely biologically challenged.
Rowan, Executive Producer wrote:Specifically lore-appropriate for the Haradrim. Yes!
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Obion
Loading…

Re: Update 15 - Discussion

Post by Obion » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:45 am

All quotes from Produktion Malphunktion
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... es-for-U15
The Music System updates for U15.
Hey All!
One of areas that I have been continually pinged about was the music system. I was in awe at what people are doing with it...i.e. Weatherstock, and started behind the scenes on how we could enhance and fix some of the issues with the system.
This system has such a net positive effect on the game, and more importantly on community it was long overdue for some developer love. I admit one of my favorite things to do is to hang out on the barrels in front of the Prancing Pony and play Bon Ur Aur Stomp.

So this is the short list of things that are being worked on:

Existing Instruments:

-pitch adjustments
-volume adjustments
-Balance adjustments
-tuning pass --which already sounds awesome.

We have a couple of stretch goals-so no promises!! NO PROMISES.

-New Instrument- String Bass-with sustained notes.
-New Instrument-Serpentine- Play the dragon.
IF/when we do new instruments they will be for the ABC system only and not for Minstrel skills. Sorry, but that is the compromise we need to make.

-Stages in the world. Yes one that can be spawned in on Weathertop for events is considered.

I'm open to some other ideas-not for 15 but for the future.

Later!
Maj.
We are using existing, and popular ABC's from the community for testing. If you have some that you fear may be effected, when we get U15 up on the test world try them out, if they are really out of whack send us a couple of the ABC's and we can work on it. What we are trying to do is when a band is playing the volume is more normalized, and all the instruments are in tune with each other, instead of in tune with themself...if that makes sense.
i.e. niche groups-I see no problem giving them some love occasionally, especially when I have resources that can do it, and are psyched about doing it.

the 10% thing. Just drop that. I just don't look at a game that way. I will consider anything if it is good for the game, and good for the players. There are realities like resources and time and money that do come into play.

Updated graphics engine- Sorry no.

Violin- not for U15. But let me ask, if we 'fake' it and use already established animations instead of creating violin animations would that be acceptable?
You are overthinking this.
If say the octaves are expanded, that won't break your ABC's but give you a bigger palette next time.
Trust me, we don't want to break the community's hard work.

why no violin/fiddle. There just is not the animation bandwidth to do it anytime soon. We have a new class, that needs the artist's TLC right now.

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 am

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... tober-2014

Latest from Rowan
A Letter From Executive Producer Aaron Campbell - October 2014
Hello all! I’m Aaron “Rowan” Campbell, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online.

Update 15 is getting close, and the Dawnless Day is upon us! Our last major update for the year goes into public Beta testing this Friday (October 10) on Bullroarer. We have a lot to polish up and fine-tune in the release, but are eager to get your feedback on the new Beorning class, quests in Central Gondor, and Pelargir Epic Battle.

Here are some quick highlights:

Beorning: As a Beorning, you hail from the line of skin-changers that descends from Grimbeorn and Beorn himself. Beornings are closely related to the Rohirrim (and other Men), but are larger and more rugged. Call on the ancestral knowledge of your people with The Roar trait line, strike down your enemies with The Claw trait line, or unleash your wrath to defend your allies with The Hide trait line. When Beornings gather sufficient Wrath they can take the form of a great bear to unleash devastating attacks on their foes. Every new Beorning character will start in the brand new starting area: Vales of Anduin. Visit Grimbeorn’s Lodge while you get comfortable with your own strength.

Central Gondor: The dark clouds of the Dawnless Day loom overhead! Push forward into the Ringló Vale, Dor-en-Ernil, and Lebennin. New quests are available as you drive back the Corsairs, Haradrim, and Half-trolls who now pillage the shores of Gondor. The latest book of your Epic Story resolves in the beleaguered city of Pelargir, home to Gondor’s fleet.

Pelargir Epic Battle: This battle changes up the rules of epic battles! Instead of defending a key point, you will infiltrate the city of Pelargir and clear the way for Aragorn and the Army of the Dead. This offensive battle allows you to proceed at your own pace, completing optional objectives as you advance.

You may have noticed that the Legendary Item Update is not in this list. The team has made a lot of progress on updating Imbued Legendary Items to grow with you, but we’re taking more time to balance and refine the system. We plan to release this update with Update 16 in April 2015 (or earlier!), along with LOTRO’s Eighth Anniversary Update.

Features still to come in 2015:

Osgiliath: We’re advancing north, and now almost in sight of both Minas Tirith and The Black Gate. Osgiliath is a city overrun by Sauron’s army. Expect new adventures as you journey along the Anduin.

Minas Tirith: As the war escalates even further, you will journey to the City of Kings and participate in the Siege of Minas Tirith. Minas Tirith is the largest structure we’ve ever placed in Middle-earth, and the largest city!

There are many other areas that we continue to invest in, such as Roving Threats, a new type of challenge for fellowships, in Central Gondor. Looking forward to Update 15 and beyond!

Rowan
Originally Posted by palantorio
Interesting News.. but...
Not a word about the changes in the Music System?
Those are ready and you should see them tomorrow.

Err, hear them.
Frelorn
Yes! More characters slots will be made available. More information on this and other things to come.
Frelorn
Please remember that while there are some amazing things listed in this letter, it does not cover all the things that will be in Update 15 and beyond. If we did that we might as well call it the Release Notes from the Executive Producer.

As we get Update 15 on to Bullroarer and get closer to the live launch of this update, more information will be coming out.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:24 am

Doh. Looks like I've got a busy time ahead of me documenting the update then (And I've been slacking on YouTube duties the past few weeks as it is). Surprised that it's being pushed to Bully this early, unless they're planning a large teting period. Typically they go for a December release for the final update of the year, looks like this will ship mid-November at this rate.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:15 pm

No lvl increase again :) and so it looks like legendary items at 100 will grow with you?

For lazy slackers like me this is good news and great news, but is it going to lead to many people saying what is the point of the next update

Guessing there will be yet another daily faction grind built into it and of cause Beornings but will it keep people busy for 3 months.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:23 pm

I'm hoping the new class could bring some fresh air into the heal/tank/dps (buff/cc) formation.

In secret I hope it has a gambit system! ;)
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Dumnomii wrote:No lvl increase again :) and so it looks like legendary items at 100 will grow with you?

For lazy slackers like me this is good news and great news, but is it going to lead to many people saying what is the point of the next update

Guessing there will be yet another daily faction grind built into it and of cause Beornings but will it keep people busy for 3 months.
´

Growing LI's is no in this update.

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:33 pm

New reward for BB's.
I did the new BB and got boxes from completing quests, in boxes where Stars of Merit tokens. They are account wide bound, and if you have the deluxe wallet they will go in there.

Stars of Merit
xRaina
These are being placed to make the reward system for Epic Battles less random. The NPCs at which you'll barter Stars of Merit are only just set up, so not all prices are final.
New Epic Battle Currency
In order to make the reward system a little less random, rewards at level 100 will now give a box of new currency (with Pelargir having its own special boxes) to be used at barter vendors. Rewards below level 100 will remain the same at this time. Currency rewarded will depend upon if the space is completed at Broze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum.
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... ost7248229

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Something about prices, this is from Beta 1

Beorning class - 1000 TP
Beorning class + character slot - 1295 TP

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:00 am

Obi said everything. Just want to add my opinion, I installed the bullroarer last night.
- About BB', excellent idea to make the tokens, I did the new BB and was ok, is action, the map is big. Seem that you still got jewelry and also you take those stars of merit, and currently in DA, one gold jewelry is 100 star merits and I had 150 per one run. Dunno if is WAI or just testing atm, because would be too easy to take the gold ones.
- About Beorning, nice that they let us level from lvl 1, Gift of the valar is not working for weapons and gear for beorning atm, and except checking some trait lines I did not spended too much time with him. Seems nice atm but I don't realize from where the yellow line is coming as OGH since yellow is kinda healing/support, imo more support. But they got one big heal though.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)