Post by Tarahen » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:49 pm

hi, koriolan.2107 is a noob guardian atm
Golgordar - Lore Master (105)
Tarahen - Captain (105)
Golgoroc - Guardian (105)
Gilbemiel - Minstrel (105)
Oleah - Warden (105)
Elannorel - Rune Keeper (105)
Golgovard - Burglar (32) Watch your wallets!

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Re: Guild Wars 2 free trial week beginning 25 September

Post by Hal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Sent you an invite to the guild Gol

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:42 pm

How many people play regularly? I log in and usually find only 1 or 2 people on there so I've registered another account so I can play on a different world with some people who I played GW1 with. Other than that the game look pretty good. The lore is all over the place (cannons and guns?) but I like the fact that your skills change as you change weapons. I always did like the fact that GW limits the number of skills you're allowed, so you need to be a bit cleverer about how you're setup.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:19 pm

The guild's more of a collection of kin members and a couple of friends of those folks these days, as opposed to a truly active recruiting guild (mostly because neither I, nor anyone I'd trust, have the time or want the effort of trying to manage a large guild and the drama that can go with it). A handful or so of people tend to log in daily, sometimes at different times, but I don't tend to keep exact tabs on it and there's a pretty good LFG tool for when there isn't anyone around. Arguably one of the benefits of the guild system in Guild Wars 2 is that it plays a reduced function in the game compared to its predecessor or other MMO's (for example you pretty much had to be in a good guild in GW1 if you wanted people to group with cause there was no global chat or LFG tool. And in most MMO's you'd want to be in a guild for endgame dungeons, etc). In GW2 this is slightly less important due to the open world events being on a timer and a decent LFG tool. Beyond that you can also be in up to 5 different guilds, switching between them whenever you want, or having different characters set to different guilds (you'll find several of the kin members in the kin guild are also members of other guilds)

Home world, or Server as you would call it, is now irrelevant for everything but World vs World due to the introduction of the megaservers, which basically means all players from all servers can be placed in the same map as you (essentially there is no longer a dedicated server where all the 'Snowbourne' players always play, there is now multiple copies of each area like Bree and you are simply in one of those layers, and you can switch layers to be in the same one as party members). And before then there was server guesting where you could play with your characters on a different server if you wanted (none of this starting over if you picked the wrong server)

250 years have passed since GW1 so the advent of firearms and other new technologies isn't too unbelievable, but the lore can be a bit all over the place, mainly due to some retcons of GW1 lore or misinterpretations. I completely agree, I enjoyed having to design your build and take into consideration and cost of taking one skill over another. Whilst the choices in direct terms of skills has been reduced in GW2 you do now need to take into account weapon choice, traits and skills, so the variety still exists

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:24 pm

There was something about needing to do guild missions to get a certain tier of gear I seem to remember from the u-tube intros to GW2

Something they said you should be grinding early so that could be an issue?

So far I rarely see more than one other person online but the hours I am logged in tend to be late and if you look at the kin list there is normally half a dozen logged in on any given day

Just not at the same time as me :(

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Arc

Post by Arc » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:40 am

Stargazer.3571 is mine, now that I've finally downloaded the whole game. Not much time left to take a look, but better late than never...
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:07 am

active guildies i can name off the top of my head:
Me, Hal, Benji, Riel, Hugh, Wind, Omnom, Catti, (Dont think Dave has a char in our guild)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Balthelion wrote:active guildies i can name off the top of my head:
Me, Hal, Benji, Riel, Hugh, Wind, Omnom, Catti, (Dont think Dave has a char in our guild)
Dave is in the guild but spends most of his time representing another guild his other mates are in

Also, invite sent for you Arc

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:42 pm

After the BB tonight Arc I'll most likely go into GW2. Happy to give you my newbie pointers!
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion