Why Bal should not own large sums of money

Random chat discussion
Dumnomii

Re: Why Bal should not own large sums of money

Post by Dumnomii » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Guldur Keeper Defeated Andracy :shock:

If even the healing God Andracy is defeated, does this confirm that wardens cannot tank :roll:

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:38 am

I had to compress the jpg's to make them fit here. Textures and the detail is way better now, I didn't think a lot about cosmetics before (mainly because everything was blurred and shields were cardboard). The resolution gives me so much more room to actually see what's happening, so it's a great improvement all by itself. :) Also, a higher sustained FPS makes it a lot easier to move and execute gambits. Load times are down to 10% of what they used to be.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Arc

Post by Arc » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:33 pm

I guess it's my turn now then.
My laptop has been in for diagnostics and repair for a long while now, and by all accounts it seems to be a lost cause - multiple faults from what appears to be a system-wide meltdown requiring replacement of pretty much most of the 'innards', which would be a HUGE cost (several hundred euros at least) and doesn't seem worth it for such an old system. :(
So I gave up on it, and will be replacing it with:
  • ASUS M52AD-XTreme-NR003S
  • BenQ XL2411Z 24", 1 ms GtG, 144 Hz
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD 250 GB (MZ-75E250B/EU)
I have no idea if that's a good setup or not, but selection was rather limited (and budget was as well). I've been using laptops for this entire milennium pretty much; haven't tinkered around with 'real' computers or parts since the late 90's, so I'm pretty out of what's "good" or "bad" hardware-wise these days. :roll:

Some short specs (shamelessly stole the list from earlier in the thread... :P ):
  • Processor - Intel® Core™ i7-4790 4gen Quad Core @ 3.6 GHz (up to 4 GHz with turbo)
  • Motherboard - err... not a clue. Some ASUS board I expect. All I can read is Intel H81 Express with LGA1150 Socket.
  • Case - uhm... it's black! With a tiny bit of blood red on it! :mrgreen:
  • RAM - 8 GB (it's listed as 1x8 GB and not 2x4 GB, but I haven't checked) DDR3 non-ECC PC3-12800 @ 1600 MHz
  • OS - comes with Microsoft Windows 8.1. SSD will have Windows 7 64-bit Pro (and LagtRO!) on it. Might upgrade 8.1 to Pro as well, since it's free anyway (yay for free student access to M$ DreamSpark!!! \o/)
  • Primary Hard Drive (x1) - WD 1 TB 7200 rpm (6 Gb/s SATA-III)
  • Additional Hard Drives (x1) - The added SSD listed above
  • Graphics Card - nVidia GeForce 760 GTX 3 GB
  • Power Supply - some 500 Watt 80 PLUS® thingy
  • DVD Drives (x1) - some unspecified DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM optical drive
Looked pretty good on paper anyway, at least to me. :)
Only real weak spot from what I can see is the RAM, but that's not a huge problem at the moment, and a quick and easy fix later anyway.
HOPEFULLY I can (at the very least) get the LagtRO startup times below 5-8 minutes now, and door/portal loading times down under 1 minute as well! We'll see... :twisted:
Fingers crossed, eh? ;)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Obion

Post by Obion » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:55 pm

looks tasty Arc. Then I can hope to see you back in a not to distant future.
Lotro preloads about 2 GB data in RAM now. Depending on what you have running in the background 8GB should suffice. Boards normally have 4 RAM slots, so as you said easy fix later on if deemed necessary.
lotro_w_SysInternals.JPG
lotro_w_SysInternals.JPG (15.03 KiB) Viewed 9522 times
lotro_w_SysInternals.JPG
lotro_w_SysInternals.JPG (15.03 KiB) Viewed 9522 times
Think it was Asus that accidentally announced Win 10 coming early summer, think it was June or July. Free to upgrade for Win 7 and up, thank all the companies who refused to upgrade for that freebie. I'm waiting for Win 10, tried it and Win8-8.1 is what Vista was before Win7 in comparison.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sun May 03, 2015 3:25 am

Seems fine.

You will be shocked at what a difference the SSD makes to LOTRO and its load times (Though of course, the rest of the system will help a bit too, but nothing as much as the SSD)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Arc

Post by Arc » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Just upgraded my rig with these mean babies! :twisted:

Not really a fan of the colour red personally (I'm more of a blue guy tbh), but they do match the colour scheme of the rig itself, which is black/charcoal/red (and named 'Bloodlust', heh). :P
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman