DJ Hardist signing in

Introduce yourself to your fellow kinnies!
Hardist
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

DJ Hardist signing in

Post by Hardist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 am

Hello everyone!

Very sorry for the big and long introduction, but if you are bored of my typing or not in the mood to read everything at the same time, I have devided my topic in several sections or chapters so to speak, so you can read one at a time. I am crazy just like most of you, but this topic will be a serious one to introduce myself properly. I like to spam the forums, as you can see with this post, and I love posting big messages. I'm sorry for that (not) :P

Gaming History
- I would like to start off by telling you something about my gaming history, so you know what kind of noob you are dealing with here. I believe around 15 years ago I started to play Quake III Arena. I don't know why, but for some reason I loved that game, but I was a big noob at it. When I stopped playing it, I was playing alongside some pro players (who are still playing today in the most wellknown clans out there for this game) so I was content with what I had accomplished in this game. I have played Quake III Arena for about 8 years and successfully lead two or three clans myself and I was part of some big names aswell.

After Quake III Arena, me and my friend started playing Call of Duty 4, which I still play sometimes these days. Not so much though, since I simply do not have the time for it and I do not want to play 24/7 while my girlfriend is sitting next to me. Also been in two clans/team in that game and also successfully lead one clan untill I left the game altogether (I used to play a LOT every night).

And that's basically all about my gaming history. Have never played any MMO's, untill LOTRO came along, and I love this game, for a lot of reasons..

LOTRO History
- So, when I first started playing LOTRO, I loved it, it was mostly just questing for me, I hadn't learned about any of the other aspects of the game yet, and it's a shame I rushed to level 65 so fast after I joined a kin without exploring the game some more. I had to run around in Duillond a lot to finish quests, and I went back and forth, back and forth. I hated it but at the same time loved it, since I levelled quite fast and gained more morale and power and so on, and I could take on those nasty little bugs more easily than before, and I loved it. I kept selling all my stuff for copper and silver, I didn't know what to keep and what not to. Untill I found out I could buy and slot better weapons and gear, the game has suddenly gotten a whole lot more interesting to me.

Then, I saw an advertising message from someone looking for people to join his kin. I contacted this person and he recruited me. From that moment on, I started learning a lot about crafting very fast, and I was glad, because I loved it. I crafted a whole bunch of level 14 I believe it was swords, and kept selling them for silver. I wanted to buy a house also when I found out about housing, and I kept killing low level mobs somewhere and selling the stuff they dropped. Did that for about 2 hours untill I had 1 gold to buy my house, and I was so proud of it. These days I can make 1 gold in less than 5 minutes so I know it was very newbie stuff back then, but I enjoyed it, and that's most important.

I levelled up from level 20 - 65 mostly by doing skirmishes. I know, it might be lame and I know questing might have gotten me there sooner, but I used Enhanced XP a lot and I used the 4500 XP from daily skirmishes and the XP from kills to level up mostly. Untill I was level 64, had my own kin at that time and had two other level 64's in the kin. Me and another level 64 were doing a race to see who would hit 65 first, and I lost. But I did go to Lothlorien to quest and I got a whole lot XP faster suddenly, it was much better than skirmishing. And I loved being 65.

From that moment on, somehow I ended up playing with other guys from other kins, since I needed to raid to get my Hele armour set, I SO wanted that set when I found out about it. And in like a month I got my full set (Even wasted Superior 3rd and Hele Marks while bartering a Captain helm :P). But I was so glad I had my stuff. Ended up joining the kin of the guys I was playing with also, since I wasn't busy with my own kin anymore, which was kinda sad since I had an awesome kin with awesome people, and I still miss playing and talking to them.

This all happened on the server Whitywindle. I met my girlfriend Venillious on that server, in may of 2011, and right now we're living together, and we are very happy together. We always play together, we do never play without each other. I am sorry if I am trying to say too much at the same time lol, I have much to post here, I love making a big introduction post ;)

Kin History
- Before I move on to the present stuff, I would like to tell you something about me and Veni's previous kins here on Snowbourn. Before it was possible to move out characters from Whity to Snowy, we joined Snowy and made a Guardian and Minstrel (Both level 41 right now). We joined "The Knights of the White Tree". We only had one wish, when our mains got here. We would like to play together in Raids, since we always played together. "No problem", is what was said. And then, finally, the moment was there. We would be playing OD for the very first time. We were both so excited. And then, there were too many sign-ups (We were the first ones to sign up to the raid though). And you guessed it, Veni got "rolled out" and she couldn't play the Raid. Someone else offered his spot for her (/bow to him when I see him always in-game) but he wasn't allowed (lol?). So, I left the Raid, since they had another champ to cover me. And I got a /tell from an officer. I will not reply what was said, but I will tell you his name. Laolas. He has many alts. He was the reason we decided to leave that kin. They were not very successfull btw, both Watcher and DN took too many wipes for them to give up, and we still did not complete any Raid yet.

So, after we left, we joined the "Knights Templar". Very decent kin, lots of players, but too much. Around 3-4 pages were online at the same time and the kin chat was overcrowded and we did not want that either, so we left them fairly quickly, unfortunately.

Then, after having searched and searched and being carefull, we applied for the "Nine Worlds". We were overjoyed when both of us got accepted. Draigoch was just released and we were part of the first ones in the kin to play. Tier 1 though, but we were there. After three days of playing and figuring stuff out, we finally beat him. We did not get any fancy loot, but we did beat him which felt great. The whole kin was great, except for one person, called "Sidh". Sidhraiya I believe, her full name is. I will tell this story a bit more in detail since it's important to know, if you ever decide to leave this kin for another, that you do not decide to join the Nine Worlds. Except for this person though, the kin was awesome, very nice and mature players. But, their lack of "leadership" made us not stay long. Anyway, I decided to arrange a skirmish raid, and Veni was playing, obviously, and this Sidh person was desperate in joining also. ME ME ME!!!! She spammed the kinship chat. I never even seen her talk before, but she really wanted to join this raid. So, we played the raid and succeeded ofcourse, and then Sidh sent me a /tell in-game, saying "your gf is mean". For no reason, provoking me with this, I ofcourse asked why. She said it was cuz my girlfriend used capital letters once during the raid, in the raid chat. I was like wtf?

The next day on the forums, I posted my introduction.. :P Sidh replied, asked what my ultimate goal in LOTRO was. I couldn't answer, there is no goal for me. She was trying to provoke me again, because I said I would craft anything needed for raiders (pots, tokens, scrolls). She provoked me by asking why I would only craft for raiders in the kin. I said it takes a lot of time and mats, and I cannot craft this for everyone in the kin. We ended up discussing this "your gf is mean" thing and things got out of hand. I, however, never said anything immature, I never used foul language whatsoever and she was just being very rude to me in every single one of her posts. I ended up apolagizing (I had nothing to apolagize for) but I did not want this to escalate even more. I even installed X-Fire so I could chat with her and talk things over. She copied the whole text and added something that was never said and posted it on the forums (after we "were ok"). So to keep this story short, this she-devil herself got her wish, and me and Veni did not end up joining this awesome kin. I am glad though, in the end, cuz the officers never even tried to stop her, warn her about her immature/rude posts and what not. In that way, the officers there have a lot to learn.

So, that's all I can say about Nine Worlds right now, if you want to know more, I can tell you more on teamspeak someday. We ended up searching again and found a small kinship, who handled things purely on teamspeak, not forums. So we joined teamspeak, had a nice talk and we explained each other's stories, like I am doing right now on the forums basically. To keep the story short, we joined them, but they were too close and a lot of times we were "forgotten" when they were doing GB runs. When they needed us, for skirmish runs, we got asked to play. But other than that, not. So, we left them, and made our own kin. We had our own kin, which is rank 7 now, but we never really had people joining it, only fellow Whity players who remembered us and/or followed us to Snowy. And now, we're here, in the Rangers of Eriador.

My Class
- So, let's forget the history and move on because it's getting too much now. I have been playing my Champion since somewhere last year, and I love everything about it. I can do high damage on a single target, high damage on multiple targets, I can tank, I can survive quite well and I can run away very fast with my "coward-run-away-sprint-skill" on sighting a big troll. But no, I never run away, only if I am playing in a raid and all the others have died, then I might run away to save my scrolls, hope, food and buffs :P

I always come prepared in a raid. I bring 20 Scrolls of Battle Lore, 20 Scrolls of Warding Lore, 20 Hope Tokens, 100 Morale Pots, 100 Power Pots, at least 50+ Regen food, 50+ Vit food and 50+ Might food. So yes, I come prepared. And I bring a whole lot of courage and determination. I never give up, unless others tend to. I always stay last, untill everyone else have left the raid before me. And this is the exact same with my girl Venillious. We are no quitters.

Thank you for reading
I could go on and probably talk a whole lot more, but I am not in the mood for that anymore :P Phew, you are thinking FINALLY!!! And yeah, I am sorry again, but now at least you know a little something about my history, I am hoping you know something about my intentions to joining a kin and what I expect from a kin. What you can expect from me? To sum up:

- Friendliness
- Determination
- Mature
- Silly / Crazy
- Serious when needed
- Teamplayer

You can expect the very same things from Veni btw, only in female form ;)

Thanks again for reading, and I am very much looking forward to play with you guys. I did enjoy helping out last night in Forges and Great Barrows, and looking forward to do that some more :)

PS. More information about our kin (Which we aren't doing anything with at the moment, we are loyal to our kin, in this case Rangers of Eriador, and give all our time to you):

- http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php? ... Dream-Team
- http://lotrodreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5

From the above links you can get some ideas what we feel a kin should be about and so on, and we feel this kin, your kin, is exactly like that. Thanks again for reading ;)

~Hardist

Hardist - Champion / Vendication - Guardian / Cuteron - Burglar / Deathron - Captain / Elmormo - Rune Keeper

Piiraadzins
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Re: DJ Hardist signing in

Post by Piiraadzins » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:06 am

Well i'll keep this short, welcome both you and Veni, hope to do some stuff together :)

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:11 am

I welcome both of you to the kin.
This is my first mmo also and I love it.

Some things about what you wrote:

- Laolas - If i knew about it I wouldn't participate in his Draigoch run last night, which sucked, even if it was done. That guys is a complete idiot and has no leadership skills, can't assign loot properly and so on
- Sidhraiya - I tell you this my friend: do not bother to understand women. Nobody knows how they think and react. I bet that was something like a cat fight and she was maybe jealous that you and Veni play together and so on. When I speak with my friend we say that we can fight now and in 30 minutes we can go and drink some beer together. This does not apply to women unfortunately: they can't forgive and forget.

Anyway, welcome both and looking forward to play with you both

Dan
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Venillious
Footman
Footman

Post by Venillious » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 am

Hehe im afraid i do not agree with you. I forgive in a second and forget even sooner. (Hard can tell :D )

Im sorry for not posting in a new thread about myself but here:
Before LOTRO i played with loads of MMOs starting with GW since open beta, Archlord, Atlantica, Requiem, Shaiya, etc. I got bored of GW after completing all campaigns and the EotN so i started playing with f2p mmos. I enjoyed playing with these for a while and since i was playing with Archrold CM sent me a letter about the EU open beta for LOTRO. I thought i should give it a try (especially since my brother is a lifetime player on Gilrain - if i remember right). I was a total noob - this mmo was very different from the others i played with and i loved it. Slowly i got to learn it and i joined 3 hungarian kins on Withy but got bad experiences so i left them all. I never really liked hungarian kins to begin with - hungarian players can be uhm ... how shall i put it ... annoying - so i left the last one too. At that time i was already playing with Hardist a lot. And he said he will invite me into his kin. I loved that kin and i still love it. I still go to Withy from time to time to keep in touch with our friends there.

And about our private life, if anyone interested *free ad* head to my personal blog : http://veninumlapidum.blogspot.com/2011 ... ation.html (If it is not allowed please tell me and i'll delete it :D )

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:24 am

Veni this means Hardist is very lucky to have you.
You're one of the few in this case :)
About Hungarian players and Hungary ... I won't start this. I usually take people individually, not by country, but being from Romania ... this says it all.
I dislike pretty much the politicians from there trying to put a grudge between the 2 countries by trying to reclaim a land that was won fair and square in the First and Second World Wars.
I was in Budapest last year and liked it very much, liked the people also (especially the women :mrgreen: ). I only hate the politicians, especially Viktor Orban.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 am

Laolas I've heard of (A huntard if i'm not mistaken?). Surprising, as i thought KOTWT were one of the bigger, more successful raiding kins. Maybe I'm just confusing them with KOLT (Keepers of Lost Tales).

-----

But as far as the kin goes, we seem to be a perfect match for you as players, and what you see in a kinship. We're not a place for egos, and thankfully none of those nasty players reside here. We hardly have and rules to speak of (be fun and friendly, bring bacon), and yet we have rarely had an idiot in the kin, and even more rarely had to forcibly remove someone (only one such case springs to mind in a 3-year history - long story).

I think in terms of total registered players, or at least players that have come and left (or been dismissed for being severely inactive when slots were needed), we are probably the biggest kinship on Snowy. Yet we still have a smaller more casual atmosphere.

By not being an out-and-out raiding kin, it means that newer players can get help and advice when needed, and not be blocked out by an "elite" group, as you seem to have had experience of in the past. Granted, some raids we do have requirements (Orthanc, particularly Tier 2, i'm looking at you here). But these restrictions are enfoced because of the CONTENT (it's really hard) rather than the PLAYERS ("I'm better than you, you're a noob, I'm not taking you!"). We want to include as many people as possible.

-----

Might have to copy that Q&A about the kinship format at some point. It's rather well laid out and better than whatever waffle i've currently laid out on the site.

Should probably add/update our kinship prescence on the LOTRO forums too...

-----

Oh, and Welcome, both of you :D
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:39 am

Laolas is an RK Bal and I think you are confusing the kins. Keepers of Lost Tales are good, but never heard of the other kin before.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Venillious
Footman
Footman

Post by Venillious » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 am

Danfast wrote:Veni this means Hardist is very lucky to have you.
You're one of the few in this case :)
About Hungarian players and Hungary ... I won't start this. I usually take people individually, not by country, but being from Romania ... this says it all.
I dislike pretty much the politicians from there trying to put a grudge between the 2 countries by trying to reclaim a land that was won fair and square in the First and Second World Wars.
I was in Budapest last year and liked it very much, liked the people also (especially the women :mrgreen: ). I only hate the politicians, especially Viktor Orban.
To be honest because of all those political issues in my home country im glad im not living there anymore. Its also very hard to live there especially if the leaders like Orbán has all the power. But i really do not want to talk about it. Its simply bad and i feel sorry for my country and its people.

Im glad you enjoyed staying in Budapest. I love the city very much, especially at night with all those lights! <3
About women - hehe people say hungarian women are very beautiful (im also an exception in this case xD ).

KOTWT - somehow they were playing bad when we were in but other than Lao i loved that kin and the people were nice. I was suprised that someone offered his place for me - altough im not someone who would "steal" a place. About Lao - the worst thing was he made the whole issue personal and also moved it onto a personal level. I really cannot stand something like that. (Before Hard and me started to live together we got comments that "this will never happen", "it wont work", "its not even real" blabla. And since they all new about us (Dutch-Hungarian) they always "attacked" with these comments. Lao did the same.
Thank you for the warm welcome by the way! ^^

Hardist
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Hardist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:16 pm

We will be able to live up to those requirements I'm sure. As for both of us, we know both our classes very well, we have lots of experience with our own class. I personally use my keyboard for skills rather than clicking, since it's faster, easier, more secure and more safe. I have bound the most important things and things I need to use each and every time, to specific keys on my keyboard so I can use them in a flash. As for gear, we have some nice gear, most of the draigoch stuff, some pieces of the new orthanc set also, and I personally can get myself up to 11k morale unbuffed, 13k buffed, by switching some traits, virtues and gear. HGave to admit, in my DPS stance I'm on 6k morale only but I have nice stats, not the best yet but it will come.

As for preparing for raids, we are always prepared. We keep our stuff in my vault, so I can always get to it easily, and I re-stock every once in a while when I get below 10 of my stack. I have over 200 hope tokens in my vault, over 200 scrolls of each and over 200 pots of each. Every once in a while I re-stock my vault. I take a lot of scholar items and make 200+ pots or scrolls again, or I relog to an alt and make 200+ tokens. Being prepared is what matters the most.

Back in the day when I played Quake III Arena on clanbase, being prepared was my main thing aswell. I used to warm up myself in solo play for 2-3 hours, so I would be ready for anything that would come my way. In LOTRO it's different, but still, it's no different. You follow? What I mean is, I still prepare as much as I can. I have all my DPS and Tanking gear in my bags. One is equipped, one is in my bag. I have several cloaks with different stats ready, aswell as pocket items. Also I am using two different runes for different purposes. I have only one main weapon so far, because I am going after a first age 75 now rather than working on another second age. Don't worry, this is not the reason I joined your kin ;) But yeah, raiding is what I love, especially when it is a harder, tougher raid. Back in the days, the harder the match would be, the more excited I would get and the better I would prepare. In LOTRO, if we would be doing ToO T2, any wing, I would bring pots, scrolls and tokens for everyone, so I would have enough to share it around if needed. I never have to though, since most players being their own, but this is how prepared I am.

My main thing still is, and always has been, helping out others in a kin. I don't mind playing GB on level 20. I love walsing through that instance, gives me the feeling I'm god :P But to be serious, crafting something, killing something, doing an instance, doing a class quest, even helping with doing a deed, simply ask me and I will provide you with my Champ and I will ofcourse not come alone. My wife to be Veni will bring her Hunter, making us a pretty good team for any instance lower than level 65. With higher instances, you might need to get some additional heals for us, otherwise we would die too fast, thus wiping everyone which means we were not of any good help.. :P

One more thing, yes, Orthanc Tier 2 is not easy. But if people follow instructions, if people are teamplayers, you will have a much easier time (you can see who the teamplayers are easily, the ones that are following the RAT consistently are the teamplayers. The ones that do not, however, are not team players, ofcourse considering the ones that need to follow the RAT). The ones that don't follow the RAT if and when needed, cannot be included in this way too easy analysis of how to see if someone is a teamplayer ofcourse :P I personally (in smaller stuff, not in raids) simply start hitting the first thing I see, to build fervour, and then unleash some AOE. I am just using a mob to build up fervour, nothing more, nothing less. In Raids I will always follow the RAT, and I won't AOE if being told not to, and I will stop with the silly emotes when asked to stop :P
Balthelion wrote:Might have to copy that Q&A about the kinship format at some point. It's rather well laid out and better than whatever waffle i've currently laid out on the site.
Feel free to use it anyway you would like, to copy it in it's total or simply use stuff from it. I will at some point probably remove the website / forums and maybe eventually disband the kin (Or keep it for a kin house for the RoE ;)). This I will not decide alone though, Veni will have a say in this also ofcourse. I mean with the disbanding and stuff.

PS. About all that previous kin stuff, it's done for me, I try not to hold grudges, but that Sidh person can burn i... Ehm, ok I don't hold grudges, really, so I don't care to talk more about these previous things. Focus on the future, not only in LOTRO but also in real life. And about that politics stuff, can someone please kill me?

Hardist - Champion / Vendication - Guardian / Cuteron - Burglar / Deathron - Captain / Elmormo - Rune Keeper

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Some epic text walls about, so I'll be short. Welcome to the kin! We try to keep everything fair around here as much as possible so hopefully you'llfit right in. And feel free to peter the officers if you have questions