Ekeiram

Introduce yourself to your fellow kinnies!
ekeiram

Ekeiram

Post by ekeiram » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 am

Hi all, my name is Marieke, and I am living in the Netherlandsd.

I have 2 children and a work as a manager ( sales) at a big it company. Before that i was programmer and designer of software.

I played WoW for 5yrs , hardcore raiding,but changed to social raiding for the fun. And stopped after i saw every raid instance, and feeling it was time for a change.

Now playing Lotro and am lvl41 minstrel. Love the story and the graphics, and the solo instances, but misses the fun and playing together ( its lonely levelling, almost evrything solo, and no felowships for the group quests )
Bit afraid that when I am lvl 65 , i need to learn to play a healer.

So if you see me ingame, i am always willing to do a instance and try to heal :)

And i have a questing. Do we use teamspeak ?
Real life hobby is my horse.

Thormok
Guardsman
Guardsman

Re: Ekeiram

Post by Thormok » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am

Hello Marieke!
When I hit 56 and attempted my first go as a healer I was terrified, but it turned out it's more easy than I thought. However, Im not sure if the tank I played with were worthless, or if minstrels have way higher threat ratings than RKs, but I constantly got aggro and even died twice. Minstrels do on the other hand get a tier three buff later on that lowers threat by 40%, so it does help a bit.

It's a shame indeed that there are no people that does the lower level fellowships. I myself don't even bother to pick group quests up while leveling anymore. When you get to Moria there will be more people around. I have found groups for at least the fellowship book quests rather quickly. :)
The F2P-feature starts in two days though, so hopefully the community will grow and it will be a lot easier to find groups even at level 20-50.

We dont use teamspeak, but we have a Ventrilo server. There's a thread with information about it here; http://www.rangersoferiador.com/forum/v ... p?f=2&t=49
Ex-Ranger.

Ketricken
Footman
Footman

Post by Ketricken » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 am

Welcome to the kin Marieke .. and to Lotro for that matter :-)
Like Thormok said .. healing on a minstrel is more easy than you think, I had played (well still do lol) a RK before, having to heal most of the time because my bf was a guardian who did crap damage and i couldn't afford getting agro when DPS'ing on elite mobs that are 3 lvls higher than me :P But anyway, he rerolled to a hunter so my RK was on a hold untill he caught up in levels, so I made a minstrel to keep myself busy. Never healed a group solo on it untill lvl45 or so. (healing Madrin when he pulls an entire lvl 35 elite troll camp doesn't count, but he stayed alive, miracles happened there seriously) I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep the FS alive at all, specially since I was DPS traited, but it went smoothly and none died ;D Surely you'll be fine when having to heal groups later on ;-) As for the agro on healing, make sure u have an instrument with -x% threat from healing, use lute strings (they're consumable like food and last for 20mins I believe) or whatever they're called to lesser the threat from heals as well, it helps :-)

xxx
Ket/Snooz
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Welcome!

There seems to be some sort of logic to how you came up with your in-game name, but i just can't tell what it is ;)

It's not hard getting fellowships at low levels, you just arent looking hard enough. Particularly for Instances, and especially for later parts of the game, join the [GlobalLFF] channel (/joinchannel GlobalLFF).
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Ferbrand
Bacon Connoisseur
Bacon Connoisseur

Post by Ferbrand » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Welcome

And if you guys got questions about Fellowship healing and Minstrels, then feel free to ask me, since im the most experienced Minstrel in kin :)

Ferby and the other dudes

Ketricken
Footman
Footman

Post by Ketricken » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Ferbrand wrote:Welcome

And if you guys got questions about Fellowship healing and Minstrels, then feel free to ask me, since im the most experienced Minstrel in kin :)
u wish :P
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Madrin
Questionable Morals
Questionable Morals

Post by Madrin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Any minstrel wanting to bear the Title of "Best Minstrel in Rangers of Eriador" has to be personally inspected and tested by me, the test consists of various very hard and cruel tests and have to be all be succesfully passed to get the title. The few minstrel's that tried it were all mentally and physically broken by the many horrors they faced during the test. None of the current members of our kin has yet taken the challenge, so noone can claim the title yet (neither you Fer, you hairy lil' hobbit!). Anyone up for the challenge can report to me.
Good luck, you'll need it...

Kind regards,

Dark Lord Madrin Ironguard, the magnificent
At your service, and your family's!

ekeiram

Post by ekeiram » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:29 pm

I didn't thank you for all those nice reactions ... So ... Thanks..

ekeiram

Post by ekeiram » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 am

So... I think I am back. Hit 53 today, Moria..
Still lifetime member ( could buy all the expansions with free TP :) )

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 am

Welcome Back :)

And yeah...you must have a lot stored up :P
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker