Fordraed (Fridmund)

Introduce yourself to your fellow kinnies!
Fordraed
Footman
Footman

Fordraed (Fridmund)

Post by Fordraed » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Hey,

I chose to introduce myself as Fordraed (name of my Guardian) as this is the name some may know me by, but you'll see my playing my Warden, Fridmund, much more frequently (nobody really calls me Frid, or Fridmund, it's always been Ford). I've played LOTRO on and off for four years now. I created my first toons on Landroval and played there for over a year but eventually had to start fresh on Snowburn as the timezone difference had started to become more of an inconvenience. I joined Doombiscuits (where I met Aed) and had a great time there until the mass exodus following HD, when I took a break as well.

I started playing LOTRO mostly to experience the digital version of Middle-Earth - the world that introduced me to the fantasy genre and which I still consider a masterpiece and come back to regularly. Through the four years of playing the game I appreciated many of its qualities, a lot of which have since faded. There are two that endure anything that Turbine throws at them, though - the world and the people. I'm glad to be a part of Rangers now - the second piece of the puzzle is found.

PS. You'll see more of me online in 2016, the Christmas - New Year's Eve period is shaping up to be rather busy.

Obion
Loading…

Re: Fordraed (Fridmund)

Post by Obion » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:48 am

The Ford of Frid
Is actually a creek in the northern Shire. It got its name by a rather peculiar Hobbit, who normally crossed the creek jumping on flat rocks as to not get his feet wet. It was a somewhat adventurous but well known route on his way to his Friday lunch gathering with a few fellow Hobbits for some munching and story telling, that at times lasted right up until supper time.

But on this particular day the creek had mysteriously risen to a mighty ford and as such became quite an obstacle for the munch hungry Hobbit. Fortunately and as well known, Hobbits can be quite clever around lunchtime. There's even been stories about ladders and climbing down chimneys when doors and windows been shut. Stories most affectious amongst young Hobbits.
This particular Hobbit decided to assemble something with branches and leaves that would most likely resemble a raft. And it came with two advantages, one, lunch would not be missed. Two, and most importantly it saved the Hobbit from the dreadful misfortune of having to attempt swimming.
And he also had a very good story to tell on that Fridays lunch meeting.

As for how the creek suddenly had risen, the local story is that a grey looking fella of the big folks with a strange looking pointy hat had been seen skulking about amongst the trees.

Btw. Welcome Ford!

(Christmas is the time for storytelling is it not?)

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Fordraed wrote:Hey,

I chose to introduce myself as Fordraed (name of my Guardian) as this is the name some may know me by, but you'll see my playing my Warden, Fridmund, much more frequently (nobody really calls me Frid, or Fridmund, it's always been Ford).

Welcome Ford - we now have a great warden tank to complement our loyal little hobbitses Obi and Tara :)

I'll start leading DoS T2C in kin in the New Year now I think (NB Tara can also lead it).
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Tarahen

Post by Tarahen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Welcome Ford,
Nice to have you with us
Golgordar - Lore Master (105)
Tarahen - Captain (105)
Golgoroc - Guardian (105)
Gilbemiel - Minstrel (105)
Oleah - Warden (105)
Elannorel - Rune Keeper (105)
Golgovard - Burglar (32) Watch your wallets!