Post your tips and tricks here!
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Aedfrith

Re: Dargnakh Unleashed (-)

Post by Aedfrith » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 am

These tips apply to Tier 1. Tier 2 will be added when we know about it.

This is based on my run with Grim and Hal (cappy) yesterday.

In the warehouse, it's recommended that the DPS/support character runs around activating ballistae/torches.

The black powder barrels should be lit when the troll is near them.

First boss (Huva the angmarim) has groups of 2 adds which heal him and a nasty but pottable fear DOT.

Ensure you stand near to adds to interrupt their heals. Unlike Uruk War-Leaders, the angmarim are immune to fear (but can be stunned). Adds, boss, adds, boss, adds, boss.

When Dargnakh gets into the Ring of Isengard, you'll need to kill the orc butchers who drop slop buckets to lure the troll to the next point. Suggest the healer carries the slop to the slop drop point; they should not stop till the dropped slop goes plop.

At the final fight, Dargnakh should be tanked in the middle of the room so he does not knock any ceiling braces down.

Here's what happens if he does knock the brace down. He gets a big buff to melee damage (I think 100%) and the ceiling may crush people standing underneath it - especially problematic since he stuns at intervals. He will punch the ground rather like the Beast in GS when he sees the sun. If you see this, run (if not stunned).

When the ceiling falls down, get out and then stand in that area so that (a) troll does not knock more ceiling down and (b) you don't get crushed by any more ceiling.

Ranged DPS is preferred due to the damage he does. Healer (including cappy) should stand with ranged. Dargnakh has a lot of morale (440k). Dargnakh does appear to be quite vulnerable to fire.

Use the sewer pipe just outside the boss room to get out of the instance.

Recommend a group composition of guard, RK healer, hunter/RK.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:06 pm

The buff for exposing him to light is +25% damage dealth, -25% attack speed, +25% run speed. Those buffs are per a hole in the ceiling he creates, so he can get upto 100% at least

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Found this impossible to heal on my Cappie, with a guard and champ, last night. Ranged healing led to power drain. Combat heals worked well, but the AoE damage (which hit the champ and myself) was too great. If only there was an indication that D was about to punch the ground...?

*mild spoilers (but then, why else would you be here?)*
OK, checked the forums. Trick is to stay alive :P. A buff on D's bar should show he is about to AoE. No need to DPS at all, by the sounds of it, just make sure that the ceiling collapses. Probably with a champ and cappie you would want to ping pong the boss a little. But only have one guy in AoE range at any time.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Cappy stays at max range only running in to do valiant strike. champ stays all the way away from troll (dps is pointless and un-needed here so all dps toons just need to stay out of the way) .guard tanks troll under each scaffold. Troll does aoe rage every 80 seconds (so time it). break all scaffolds leads to full ceiling collapse and instant troll death. Only the tank should be taking damage apart from the random ranged damage

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:56 pm

This is the first instance in which I played which is harder to do on Tier 1 then Tier 2 (GS might be there also due to time consuming)
It takes a long time to tank him while the dps does the damage.
Also I dislike pretty much the fact, all instances included, that if you do T2 it doesn't include T1.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:36 pm

T2 not completing T1 deed is a known issue that "should be" fixed.

And yeah, T1 done the slow way is harder to do than T2. U can kill him on T1 using pillars also afaik.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Nope Neth, the deed is not completed if you take him on all 4 pillars. (tried that way first)
At Grim's advice i took him under one, he destroyed it and then tanked him in the same spot.
Deed completed.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Ah oki. I just tanked him on the back wall and stayed in the middle so no pillars down. Took long tho.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)