Fornost (-)

Help & Advice for Instances & Dungeons
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Fornost (-)

Post by Balthelion » Fri May 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Post your requests for help & advice or tips and tricks here.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Obion

Re: Fornost (-)

Post by Obion » Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 am

Fornost lvl 75 Tier 2

Ghost (summons ghost adds, can't be hurt wile adds live)
No challenge on this

Fire boss (sets the room on fire, fire adds)
Challenge: Whole room must be on fire

Earth Boss (must die in 1.5 min)
No challenge on this

Shadow boss (Has shield, must light 3 braziers and dps him while lit. braziers give adds)
Challenge: Don't lit more than 7 braziers

Water boss (Summons grims, can't be hurt while he runs to new location)
Challenge: Don't touch the water. Must jump on platforms to get to boss after he changes location.

Also two Uruk bosses at first part, one melee and one range.
Both have buff and need to die within 4 mins. Didn't get inspection on them. But about 150k morale on both iirc.

Some minor bosses, all around 150k with loads of adds.
Like this

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 am

Hmmm, time for Rain of Arrows spam...
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 am

Just to correct Obi a bit: the earth boss is Rhavameldir and the challange was to kill him before killing the adds (he was summoning trolls and some others i think, can't remember).

This instance is nice to run and challenges are good but imo it won't have any success if the loot won't be changed.
People will do it a few times just to test it and to do something else then foundry or rof but they will be disappointed after they see what's in the chests.

As a tactic for the water boss, to have a high chance of doing challenge, a hunter is needed in the group. This way only the tank runs at the boss and having only 1 person jumping on those ramps instead of 3 or 4 reduces the chances of falling in the water. Tank follows boss and keeps aggro, hunter just does dps on boss, the rest focus on adds when they come. I think this is the tactic to do the challenge here. For the other bosses ranged dps is not so important as here.

We had the following group:
- Tank: Raff (water wing) & Grim (the rest)
- Healer: Andy
- Cappy: Nost
- Burg: Baz
- LM: Obi
- Champ: Myself

It wasn't a heavy dps group but we managed with the rest very good and had few wipes, not due to player mistakes, but due to lack of knowledge on the instance, which is understandable at this point.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Tue May 15, 2012 9:54 am

offtopic, i never had in a while so much fun in an instance. Was awesome

Brogadan, fire boss
Is time related. U need to kill the little ones to put fire on the floor in whole the chamber and need to wait and survive until the whole chamber is in fire. Masive damage from fire, punts from the boss in fire, sugest keeping big heals when u have only one place. At that point on screen will apear a messsage saying that the whole chamber is in fire, u can kill the boss. Sugest early to take the boss until around 20k so u can finish him asap when that happens.

I must admit, that boss with a lot of adds, i never thinked that ALL those mobs will atack us in the same time, was INSANE ;)) Best fun in years
Also, is not an friendly instance though, can be painfully to heal. Overall i healed almost 10.000 k in 4 h. Overall we had 4 wipes or maybe 5?
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Tue May 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Lots of adds? I want to do this :D Will be going later today if people are interested.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Tue May 15, 2012 5:02 pm

if there aren't enough ppl online when you're doing it neth, yell at me on TS to remind me about it - unless i'm busy with something, i'll join.

i've always liked fornost, and want to see the new 75 version :)

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Tue May 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Lots of squishy adds for a champ to murder with battle acuity+shing shing neth :P

Panthelion

Post by Panthelion » Tue May 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, tomorrow I'll be online so I'd like to have a go if somebody wants to come :)
Panthelion - Your Neighbourhood Champion

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Tue May 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Tbh panth, its pretty much the same as its always been, just in sections now so its harder to get lost :P