Northcotton Farm (NCF)

Help & Advice for Instances & Dungeons
Gorvadhros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Re: Northcotton Farm (NCF)

Post by Gorvadhros » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm

As Aed specified, Pen. Shot, Blood Arrow are very effective on eggs, ISB+PS+BldArr should be enough for it and if not few QS would finish the egg ofc. Keep your focus at max when you feel that egg coming out of spiders arse (lets say 97k, 47k, 27k) and try to max your focus. Shooting nothing but Quick Shot till the egg drops make your focus maxed quickly. Another point is being close to egg as much as you can but not melee range of course. Time is important and shooting from long range will make you lose 1, 1,5 seconds. I had my experiences, yes!

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Gorvadhros wrote:Not tricks but my own observations for the instance are:
- Thadur is simply Thadur. It is tanks job and we only kill it.
Hunters normally being in melee range for this fight (though the damage if you not all together for the divided you fall blah doesnt seem much greater) are perfectly capable of removing the corruption poison using dazing blow. Which if you have a champ tanking is a lot more efficent as champs corruption removal stinks!

hate to sound like Uncle Nost BUT Corruptions corruptions every class should know its corruption skills and be able to deal with them ;) and DPS classes are not just about DPS.

But yes agreed fire oil on cauldron and sticking the odd barbed arrow in the rotation so the dots keep tickign even when you get the eye makes the cauldron easy. Same with wardens stacking dots on it in between eyes and slapping.

Also a cappys archer herald is very useful against the cauldron.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Gorvadhros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Post by Gorvadhros » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Kir mate, of course I know that we need to remove corruptions and stay very close to Thadur (I am against to stand in melee range to some mob or boss unless it is must! this is kind of interruption to my dps build), it was already written by Obion and I just did not wanna be parrot. Remember, you told me that I was thinking that Daze does not work on Thadur, may be it was because it did not work on him for few times...

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 pm

I guess I've done my job because Gorv only DPS's on Thadur. :D For a warden keeping the single corruption (which Thadur reminds of before it appears) now and then is very easy. :) If there's a hunter on the run the odds are 2/3 that the healing type is a ranged type as well, so staying just out of melee range isn't so bad. I haven't really noticed the 2 that are close to each other taking that much damage, and in most cases the tank can take a bit more distributed dmg. :)

We don't like the frontal aoe that much tho, but on one run I think all 3 took it and survived. :DD
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14 am

Healing this on the mini, I always stay out of range of the distributed attack.

Andracy - you should try this, if you haven't already

I also find it easier to heal if the ranged attacker stay at range. The tank takes a big hit, but with mini healing this is no problem

On the cappy I'm in melee range for the combat heals.... and it's nice to have company up there in the thick of it..... the smaller heals are spread over the group, so it's better if everyone takes a moderate amount of damage.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:31 am

Netham wrote:I guess I've done my job because Gorv only DPS's on Thadur. :D For a warden keeping the single corruption (which Thadur reminds of before it appears) now and then is very easy. :)
For a warden yes.....

Champ with a 25% chance of removing corruption or even a guardian whose corruption removal has a default 10 second delay to take effect.

Where as a hunter has very powerful melee corruption removal in comparison. (odd thing to stick on a ranged class I know)

Do not just understand thine enemies, but also thou weakenesses and those of thine allies.

Ivar though does broadcast his intentions very clearly so it is not really a hard fight, bit of patience and just watch what he is saying and its probally the easiest of the three. Eggs if get caught out with wrong skills on cooldown or wrong focus , well every one needs to be trying to hit them anyway and cauldron if you get unlucky with eyes on your main dps can get close.

Having the 2 lowest effective dps run in first on the cauldron does normally seem to mean they get the start eyes and your main dps then gets a nice period at the begining to burn hot blah and get a good solid start.

Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 am

Nomnom, I think with feral, you have a 25% chance - with each strike, so in fact it's a 3 x 25% chance if dual wielding. Still not great but fairly spammable.

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:48 am

3 x if dual wielding , 2 x if using a 2 hander

Theoretically a 39.06% chance if dual wielding, mean while that corruption is still ticking if that chance doesnt come off, where as hunter is basically garanteed.

Seems im in the minority though, perhaps i should just remove 50%+ of my skills of my tool bar (non dps ones) and build a dps macro to spam :cry:

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:59 am

Is it only 39.06%? I'm rubbish at probabilities. Experience shows it's not great though. And if someone else can remove his poison thorn, all the better.
Wild Attack-Swift Strike-Brutal-"Utility"
Repeat :)

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:17 am

I have heard that theory but

Wild +1F / Swift +1F / Fervour +1F per 4s (assumign you are tanking in favour which makes you unpopular with healer normally) , brutal -3F feral -2F

Over a 4-5 second cycle the numbers dont add up, I get extra fervour on crits yes , maybe there is stuff still to aquire I dont have on my champ yet or I am missing something on my traiting.

I run 4 red 3 yellow currently