EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Re: Northcotton Farm (NCF)

Post by Wiploc » Sun May 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Not a lot in this post. But the following comes in quite handy when slapping hobbits during the Cauldron burn-down (second boss):

/shortcut # /slap

The # indicates a number btw - meaning; If you type /shortcut 1 /slap you will get a slap-shortcut on your "first" skill key in the buttom bar. This shortcut can be rearranged as any other skill/shortcut
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?"

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Something epim informed me of, the cauldron is not as strong against fire type attacks, so to burn it quickly get a hunter with fire oils, or an RK
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon May 16, 2011 8:40 am

Yup, fire oil ftw. Was able to burn cauldron by myself while other 2 slapped, even able to dispose of a green Eye of Wee and run back.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

First boss, spider.
* Drops alot of green poison clouds. As soon as you see the green debuff icon move. Hunters poison removal won't help and if you stay in the cloud you will die.
* Try and kill the eggs the spider drops, when it hatches small spiders (3 of them about 2k morale each) they will heal big mama. 3 eggs will drop in total if I remeber correctly. The egg hatches fast and the small spiders are really fast so use up close AOE on spiders/egg and ranged need to change target quickly.
(Haven't tried Rain of Thorns but could work to nail the little spiders down, but then the tank has to get big spider away from the area before egg hatches. Other classes might have som skill too, but that you best yourself if you play them)

So, a tank to hold big spider, a healer to heal the tank and a ranged to dps. Ranged will get rooted alot but no problem as long as you don't stand in a poison cloud, and will not suffer much damage as long as tank holds the spider. If, for some reason, the big spider comes after ranged, start running in circles until the tank is able to get aggro back.

Second boss Cauldron.
* Ranged with fire stand at the three to the left of the houses, right of the cauldron looking from the entrance. The tree looks like it has a hole in it.
* Ranged run alongside the hoses away from the boss to it's postion, healer stays put at the upper fields and tank walk up and activate the boss. The the fun starts
* Other 2 run like crazy around the upper field (right from entrance) and slap hobbits. Both don't run in the same area and only slap hobbits when you don't have the eye debuff. So eye = run like crazy, no eys = slap hobbits 'till your hearts contemt.
* Ranged use fire dps on the cauldron and just blast away. As long as you don't get the eye you can just stand still.

Third boss
Died when I tried so haven't got all the tricks there. But tank holds him so he always faces the tank. The rest are standing really close on his back. There are something about him shouting your name, then you must run away. But can't remeber exactly, so hopefully someone else can fill in that info.

Side notes.
* Kill all spiders before first door and approach the hobbit. After that that door there are 3 more, one big and 2 small, kill the small onces first. When you get close to little water dam, there will be 2 spiders circling it. Dive into the dam and stay at the center of it, then leave when the spiders are on the opposite sides of the dam. easy to avoid them that way.
* Also able to avoid other spider group close to the third door.
* Between second and third boss you will be ambushed by poison piglets in groups of three. They deliver poison (as the spiders do) and can also stun. Have someone dispose of poison while fighting to minimize healers workload. Hunters clear poison skill works, don't know about other classes.
* There are some power drainage from the critters, so bring power potions aswell as poison potions. And since some of the bosses can take some time you also risk running out of power in the middle of fighting. Especially if you don't manage to kill the small spiders at the first boss.

That's all I can think of. Hopefully someone else can fill in on the third boss, and things I might have missed. If I don't do the instance again and can do it myself.

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Thu May 19, 2011 7:31 pm

last boss

"Divided you shall fall" - get together to avoid any big damage
".............. Thorn" - Move away from him as he drops a gas cloud
"Those that stand before me" - move behind him to avoid massive damage attack, will 1 shot most light armours and some mediums.
"Poison give me strength" - remove the corruption the boss gets.

These arent the exact sayings (will look through video to fine the exact soon) but they give a general idea of when to move etc.
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu May 19, 2011 11:55 pm

nostborn wrote:last boss

"Divided you shall fall" - get together to avoid any big damage
".............. Thorn" - Move away from him as he drops a gas cloud
"Those that stand before me" - move behind him to avoid massive damage attack, will 1 shot most light armours and some mediums.
"Poison give me strength" - remove the corruption the boss gets.

These arent the exact sayings (will look through video to fine the exact soon) but they give a general idea of when to move etc.
"Divided you shall fall."
"I shall unleash a gift upon those that face me."
"Poisonous vapors shall grant me strength."
"You shall behold the power of Dark Thorn."

You shouldn't need to get together for the divide attack. you should already all be in arms reach of the boss (with the tank in front of him, call it 12 o'clock, then the heal/dps behind at say 5 & 7

The Face me attack can be avoided by the tank running THOUGH Thadur into the 6 o'clock position once he begins casting (return to your spot as soon as he turns back around to you)

Theres also a 5th, ignorable, attack - "This poison shall have an interesting effect" - basically what it says on the tin. Not remove, just dealt with, and its never anything major.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 am

The proof that sometimes in chest i found meds of north man (no one believed me) :)
Attachments
ScreenShot00048.jpg
ScreenShot00048.jpg (179.36 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
ScreenShot00048.jpg
ScreenShot00048.jpg (179.36 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Gorvadhros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Post by Gorvadhros » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Not tricks but my own observations for the instance are:
- Fire oil is very useful throughout the instance, especially on cauldron but I think light-oil brings better results on Thadur. I cannot logically prove that but when I use light-oil on Thadur, things went better.
- Spider boss drops 3 eggs on 95k left, 45k left and 25k left to his death. Each eggs must be destroyed as quick as possible so do not be shy to use needful haste and burn hot on the eggs as they have 2 minutes of CD (if you traited Swift Recovery ofc), you probably will be able to use it on second attempt or you may wish to keep one of those two improvements to the last egg which I usually try to do. Well until you destroy the last egg, you should not go for high dps on the spider at all keep your focus and power for the last part of the fight.
For Cauldron, if you are lucky enough, when your two companions gets the aggro at the beginning of instance, cauldron leaves you alone for a 20 - 25k. For my opinion dps should not be slapping the hobbits at all (because I am kinda lazy to do that). Starting with NH+BH+HS is good if you are lucky again you can hit 4k which is quite a lot on Cauldron and helps you to build good dps on the boss.
- Thadur is simply Thadur. It is tanks job and we only kill it.

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:38 pm

On eggs, make sure you have Pen. Shot and Blood Arrow ready for use at the morale intervals specified by Gorv.

PS+BldA+MS makes short work of the egg and means you don't waste time on inductions.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!