Sammath Gul (SG)

Help & Advice for Instances & Dungeons
Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Re: Sammath Gul (SG)

Post by Netham » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

Aedfrith wrote:* A character with a HoT on automatically gets aggro.
* Guldur Summoners will not summon a ghost if they can't see you.
I'm thinking the HoT isn't automatic with the aggro, but as the initial damage aggro isn't that much, the HoT quickly overcomes the damage aggro wise. Most likely this is the first pulse? Thus, the one with aggro is for a very short time (if any), visible to the summoners. By the time the mobs are hit, u are almost if not already out of their sight, and in a moment not even the target.

Summoners will not summon (the first wave of) ghosts if they can't see anyone from the group, if I understood correctly. That's why everyone is behind the wall untill the mobs come around.

Anyway, the run was very smooth and I think I heard the phrase "easiest we've ever done this pull" about five times. Dunno if it's the 2 warden set up but that was also the same on the bosses. :)
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Post by Egelinath » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Aedfrith wrote:Just ran SG v smoothly, bar one silly pull in first boss room.

We all know champs are clobber-bots, but so are wardens with The Boot. Having 2 interrupt-bots (2 wards, 1 ward/1 champ, 2 champs) *really* helps. But that's not the main point of this post.

Our kin keeps wiping, not on the bosses, but on the trash pulls, particularly where multiple Guldur Loremasters are involved. Good thing we had wise old Uncle Eggie on the run who made us aware of some key mechanics - I hope I remembered these right.

* A character with a HoT on automatically gets aggro.
* Guldur Summoners will not summon a ghost if they can't see you.
* Brutes can be knocked down from stealth before their shield goes up (e.g. via warden's Ambush from stealth, or burg trip).

Hence the tactics we used were:
- Group hides round the corner against an inside wall so as not to be punted
- Group nominates a puller
- Cappy, RK or mini sticks a HoT on the puller
- Puller mass pulls via AOE range (e.g. Javelin of Deadly Force, Rain of Thorns)
- Group CCs Guldur Sorcerers or Summoners
- An interrupt bot boots each Loremaster
- Burn the other sorcerers (and hence the Brute) down in a group.

The 5-sorcerer pull before Goro that is done usually with a champ horn became an utter breeze when hiding round the corner; one mob at a time would come, and often bug out.

Anything to add, Eggie?
The toon that places the HoT gets the aggro of every Mob not hit by the individual pulling.

If you notice, when Summoners summon the ghosts, they are not summoned where the Summoners stand: they are summoned, typically, next to the player that has their aggro. If the player is out of LoS, it's the same thing that happens when a hunter begins a HS induction and a mob moves out of LoS....

Yes, burg trips still work on the Brutes, but you cannot have Kneebreaker traited. The Warden's ambush can still prevent a Brute from bringing his shield up, but you have to time the Ambush such that it's done AS the Brute's shield animation is going. (When they turn sideways and pump their arms up and down a few times)

Clobber-bots are anything that has a 5 second interrupt: wardens, champs, burgs with the addle CD legacy, and guards with the traited stamp and stamp legacy.

I'm also going to point out that Boot is NOT the Wardens only interrupt skill: There are 2 others, and one of them is an AoE interrupt I think. IIRC, it's the spear, shield, spear, shield gambit.... (I could be wrong on that one) Also, there if you are light on melee DPS, it's worth having a Warden trait the fear from War Cry which is another possible AoE initerrupt....

Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Post by Egelinath » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Balthelion wrote:
Aedfrith wrote:The 5-sorcerer pull before Goro that is done usually with a champ horn became an utter breeze when hiding round the corner; one mob at a time would come, and often bug out.
Because you were naughty and did an illegal exploit ;)
I prefer to think of it as a bug that works in our favor ;)

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

egg your replying to the man who plays a burg and can happily bug ss out with hips :D
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Well any of the 1(R)-2(G) without any 3(Y) gambit line are interrupts - boot, onslaught (1-2-1) and wall of steel (1-2-1-2). I don't think WoS is an AOE interrupt. Only reason I mention boot is cos it's the quickest with masteries.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Post by Egelinath » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:06 pm

nostborn wrote:egg your replying to the man who plays a burg and can happily bug ss out with hips :D
Well he better get his HiPs bugging fun in now while he can, 'cause a fix is forthcoming. ;)

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:11 pm

I don't think we have an AoE interrupt. WC with trait can be but it's not 100% even if it hits. 25% is good but it's not as reliable as a designated interrupter. Between PB's and convictions if I know we have to interrupt anything, I manual spam 1313 so in the case there's anything to interrupt, I'm ready for it and someone saves a CD. Some times it just happens that when u start a conviction, the induction starts at the same moment. :/

WoS and onslaught are multiple interrupts as I recall.

Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Post by Egelinath » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Aedfrith wrote:Well any of the 1(R)-2(G) without any 3(Y) gambit line are interrupts - boot, onslaught (1-2-1) and wall of steel (1-2-1-2). I don't think WoS is an AOE interrupt. Only reason I mention boot is cos it's the quickest with masteries.
You're right. I was thinking Desolation, and even that is not a guaranteed interrupt.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Off-topic, but numbers to represent warden gambits is a useless system. No two wardens have the same gambit builders in the same slots, or even in the 1-2-3 slots in the first place :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Might be, but I just can't get used to the color coding, partially because I'm not a native speaker but I just might be a bit picky. :p
Anyway, I am using the 1 2 3 slots :D Most have their own system I suppose, but I'd still think ppl get used to the spear-shield-fist order atleast when starting the char, so they'd know what's 1 and what's 2. :p