Aedfrith wrote:Just ran SG v smoothly, bar one silly pull in first boss room.
We all know champs are clobber-bots, but so are wardens with The Boot. Having 2 interrupt-bots (2 wards, 1 ward/1 champ, 2 champs) *really* helps. But that's not the main point of this post.
Our kin keeps wiping, not on the bosses, but on the trash pulls, particularly where multiple Guldur Loremasters are involved. Good thing we had wise old Uncle Eggie on the run who made us aware of some key mechanics - I hope I remembered these right.
* A character with a HoT on automatically gets aggro.
* Guldur Summoners will not summon a ghost if they can't see you.
* Brutes can be knocked down from stealth before their shield goes up (e.g. via warden's Ambush from stealth, or burg trip).
Hence the tactics we used were:
- Group hides round the corner against an inside wall so as not to be punted
- Group nominates a puller
- Cappy, RK or mini sticks a HoT on the puller
- Puller mass pulls via AOE range (e.g. Javelin of Deadly Force, Rain of Thorns)
- Group CCs Guldur Sorcerers or Summoners
- An interrupt bot boots each Loremaster
- Burn the other sorcerers (and hence the Brute) down in a group.
The 5-sorcerer pull before Goro that is done usually with a champ horn became an utter breeze when hiding round the corner; one mob at a time would come, and often bug out.
Anything to add, Eggie?
The toon that places the HoT gets the aggro of every Mob not hit by the individual pulling.
If you notice, when Summoners summon the ghosts, they are not summoned where the Summoners stand: they are summoned, typically, next to the player that has their aggro. If the player is out of LoS, it's the same thing that happens when a hunter begins a HS induction and a mob moves out of LoS....
Yes, burg trips still work on the Brutes, but you cannot have Kneebreaker traited. The Warden's ambush can still prevent a Brute from bringing his shield up, but you have to time the Ambush such that it's done AS the Brute's shield animation is going. (When they turn sideways and pump their arms up and down a few times)
Clobber-bots are anything that has a 5 second interrupt: wardens, champs, burgs with the addle CD legacy, and guards with the traited stamp and stamp legacy.
I'm also going to point out that Boot is NOT the Wardens only interrupt skill: There are 2 others, and one of them is an AoE interrupt I think. IIRC, it's the spear, shield, spear, shield gambit.... (I could be wrong on that one) Also, there if you are light on melee DPS, it's worth having a Warden trait the fear from War Cry which is another possible AoE initerrupt....