Sammath Gul (SG)

Help & Advice for Instances & Dungeons
Gorvadhros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Re: Sammath Gul (SG)

Post by Gorvadhros » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Netham wrote:Might be, but I just can't get used to the color coding, partially because I'm not a native speaker but I just might be a bit picky. :p
Anyway, I am using the 1 2 3 slots :D Most have their own system I suppose, but I'd still think ppl get used to the spear-shield-fist order atleast when starting the char, so they'd know what's 1 and what's 2. :p
It is totally not about your being non-native speaker but of course about your being lazy! We all know this.
:p

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 pm

I've moved to the Number Pad keymapping system proposed in CSTM. Works a treat. If everybody did that, we could all say 1-2-3, even though it refers to Quickslots 4-5-6 for me.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Netham wrote:Might be, but I just can't get used to the color coding, partially because I'm not a native speaker but I just might be a bit picky. :p
Anyway, I am using the 1 2 3 slots :D Most have their own system I suppose, but I'd still think ppl get used to the spear-shield-fist order atleast when starting the char, so they'd know what's 1 and what's 2. :p
For me it's Fist (1), Spear (2), Shield (3) :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Balthelion wrote:
Aedfrith wrote:The 5-sorcerer pull before Goro that is done usually with a champ horn became an utter breeze when hiding round the corner; one mob at a time would come, and often bug out.
Because you were naughty and did an illegal exploit ;)
I have done this several times out of kin, just using Rain of Thorns on the 5, quick shotting one to pull round the corner and kill, while the others are out of LoS and thus cant cast. Pull next...

Most definatly not an exploit and you can kill 2 sometimes 3 off as singles this way before RoT wears off

Ege's is just an extension of this method,

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:39 pm

or you get everyone focusing on the RaT and get the LM down before any trouble happens then leave the sorcs till last, happy days
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Whenever I do SG with the kin, I have more problems on the trash after Goro. Before kin runs, I always ran down in to the room below and usually went OK. Now we always pull the mobs up to Goro's room which often leads to a wipe. Is it the same thinking? Keep some sorcerors out of LoS? Wouldn't it be better to pull somewhere with fewer bones?
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Post by Egelinath » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Hardric wrote:Whenever I do SG with the kin, I have more problems on the trash after Goro. Before kin runs, I always ran down in to the room below and usually went OK. Now we always pull the mobs up to Goro's room which often leads to a wipe. Is it the same thinking? Keep some sorcerors out of LoS? Wouldn't it be better to pull somewhere with fewer bones?
The way the trash pull works after Gorothul's room is slightly more complicated than the the previous trash. As you approach the room, you'll notice 2 summoners and 2 LMs staggered into 2 'lines'. The First 'line' has an LM on the left and a summoner on the right. The second 'line' has a Summoner on the left and an LM on the right. The way this pull works is that each time something dies (aside from the back left Summoner), a Guard will 'wake up'. When the back left Summoner dies, the Brute wakes up.

There are a myriad of ways of handling this pull. I prefer having the group fight them in the room they are in just to teach everyone proper positioning and the importance of interrupts. If things start going badly, it's usually because an LM punts someone that lands on the bone pile by the ramp. Not a huge problem and it can be recovered from easily, but that's typically where things may not go according to plan.

If you are pulling the trash up to Gorothul's room, there is absolutely no excuse for a wipe. The bone piles at the top of the stairs do not activate even if you step on them: the only ones you have to worry about are the ones leading up to the stairs and NO ONE should be fighting down there anyway. The trouble doing it this way, is that unless you mark the back left Summoner before pulling, you risk killing the wrong one and waking the Brute out of range of any mobs he can throw his shield on which plays hell when trying to control him from beating on the healer.

I will also point out that if you have a burg with you and you are fighting in the room the mobs are in, right after the back left Summoner dies and during the Brute's shield animation, the Burg can throw a FM on the Brute to stop the shield from coming up.