League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Re: Sammath Gul (SG)

Post by Wiploc » Wed May 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Instance record:
42:36

Time started when the group starts moving (Buffs excluded). Time is stopped when the last ghost/skeleton is defeated in Demafears room.

Group
Cappy - Cal
GRD - Grim
RK (DPS) - Nost
Mini - And
LM - Ufast
Champ - Wip

(...some of the older players may find it to be on the slow side... but we actually feel quite good about ourselves :D )

1. Overall

SG is one of those instances that holds a lot of challenges and will test most classes in use of skill - making the players dependent on each other in a good way. At the same time I personally like the flow and dynamic of this instance. But that is all a matter of taste of course :)

For starters, check out the following:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Guide_to ... ce_Cluster

It holds a good guide for the Dol Guldur instances.

2. Group composition:
Actually there are many possibilities, though classes which can stun and interrupt are always good choices - and a cappy definately does not hurt either. From my perspective, the following would do okay:
- Cappy (Not essential but as said...)
- LM/Burg
- Tank
- Champ
- Mini/RK (If going with a RK healer then the cappy becomes a bit more important)
- Random DPS (Anything goes. A RK is good to have when burning the 2. boss - though not essential). An extra champ is also a good choice as the quality of interrupting Goro and others will increase.

But really - play around. A lot can be done.

3. Preparations
SG is all about Fear - and then a bit of wounds. This is what I would suggest bringing there:

3.1. Food
Trail
- go with what makes you happy as class. Though if a cappy is helping out you should be capping your primary stats making Vitality food (Cups of Red Tea) a good choice always (minimum: 5 pcs.).

Cooked
- Lothlorien Waybread for the regen and Wounds (minimum: 5 pcs.) - boss 1 and 2
- Golden Wood Roast for the regen and Fear (minimum: 5 pcs.) - boss 3 and 4

Fortifying
- Lamb and Carrot Soup for the Wounds (minimum: 5 pcs.) - boss 1 and...yeah, you got the point...
- Lamb and Barley Soup for the Fear (minimum: 5 pcs.)

3.2. Hope tokens:
Anything will +5 hope. Brilliant will be fine (minimum: 2 pcs.)
The tokens must be used by Boss 3 (Gorothul) and 4 (Demafear) - and after wipes ofc!)

3.3. Pots
Wound (+10 pcs.)
Fear (+10 pcs.)

4. Class related tips and tricks
4.1. Burglar:
Xxx

4.2. Captain
Xxx

4.3. Champion:
Clobber!
Make clobber your main skill key on the keyboard if not already – and at least for SG. All Loremasters + Goro need clobbering continuously. If you fail this assignment you will let down the group and be the main reason for an abundance of knockbacks.

Remember to coordinate with the Cc classes on the LMs, Sourceres etc. Do not AoE if stuns are in effect nearby.

On trash pulls you should always focus on the LM – unless the leader calls it differently. Burn the LM down first – and clobber! If a Brute us around to absorb the damage then use AoE if possible. That way the brute goes down a lot quicker.

Bring a Single Target weapon as well as an AoE weapon if you have both available. And change according to the situation.

As always – keep an eye on mini. Especially when going for Goro as the fight dynamics will grant the mini a good deal of agro. If the tank cannot get them off then help by using challenge or try to AoE them of the healer (not killing the blue ghosts though). Even though clobbering Goro is important – it is even more important to keep your mini standing up.

4.4. Guardian:
(Just a few examples until better things come up)

Help with the interrupts
Save Challenge of Darkness for saving the mini while burning down Goro

4.5. Hunter
Xxx

4.6. Loremaster:
xxx

4.7. Minstrel:
xxx

4.8. Runekeeper:
First boss, RK needs to keep an ear out for "Can you handle the burn" this is when you need to stop inductions (from healing or winter skills as he is resistant to fire) and use the blade will not wound quickly, this allow for the group to sustain light AoE damage with no wounds. Also make sure you trait the prophetic word for this instance to get the cool downs of the blade will not wound and shall not fall to X a low as possible.

2nd boss spam the shall not fall to storm (make sure you have a lightning stone that your using or a trash one on your hotbars to swap to for this skill as it reduces some of the damage of the lightning making healing easier

4.9. Warden:
xxx
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?"

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm

First boss, RK needs to keep an ear out for "Can you handle the burn" this is when you need to stop inductions (from healing or winter skills as he is resistant to fire) and use the blade will not wound quickly, this allow for the group to sustain light AoE damage with no wounds. Also make sure you trait the prophetic word for this instance to get the cool downs of the blade will not wound and shall not fall to X a low as possible.

2nd boss spam the shall not fall to storm (make sure you have a lightning stone that your using or a trash one on your hotbars to swap to for this skill as it reduces some of the damage of the lightning making healing easier
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Post by Wiploc » Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 pm

A record to be beaten!
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?"

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue May 31, 2011 2:40 pm

The Lightning Patterns on 2nd Boss:
SM-Pattern.jpg
SM-Pattern.jpg (85.99 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
SM-Pattern.jpg
SM-Pattern.jpg (85.99 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
The first can be avoided by standing to the right of the platform.

The second WILL hit you. Behind the boss as far back as possible ensures you get one single hit (as opposed to several close by strikes).

The Third Can be avoided by standing at the sides, then moving to the middle before the end because...

The fourth can be avoided by standing n the middle, then moving to the right of the platform by the end of the pattern.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 am

Hunter tips:

Ensure Bard's Arrow is traited so you can CC the Loremasters - between that and Distracting Shot you should be able to keep them fairly busy.

Use all your AOEs - Rain of Thorns, Rain of Arrows - when there are a bunch of mobs being protected by a Guldur Brute. He'll take ALL the damage.

As always, the light-oil debuff (10% miss chance) is very useful particularly for the first two bosses.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:42 am

I thought fire oil was better for the 2nd boss? Could be wrong though.

H
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:44 am

1st boss resistant to Fire, i assume this includes fire oils and such

2nd boss resistant to Lightning

not sure about light damage though, havent done it enough on my cappy to find out

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Last run in SG, the hunter was advised to used fire oil. After a bit of research I think the reason is DoT vs. miss chance on crit. The 2nd boss lightning attack never misses and this is the main source of damage on the group, so in many ways, an increase in miss chance is wasted. The DoT (fire oil crit)adds to DPS, ends the fight faster and so reduces damage taken - and the healer is a happy bunny. Feel free to discuss :)

H
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Personally as an RK healer in SG this boss never makes me a happy bunny, maybe i just havent founsd that sweet spot like i have with the others.

1st boss, get the wound res up before he shouts or just as he shouts, "feel the burn", then all you need to do is mop up the AoE with my group heal (i forget the names, graceful words?) this is mainly due to as long as the rest of the group is patient only the tank shout take much damage. (by patient i mean waiting to let the tank get full agro before going full out on dps) and all you have to do is hit a mending and a writ on the one with the eye....sorted

Goro fight once at 70k make sure you save some power and pop all fates entwined, you cannot be interupted and as long as you spam essay of exhaltation on your self you will have enough time to get both big heals(if needed, i often use them anyway as they keep you up mnore than anything) and keep the wonderous forshadowing and graceful words combo going so that the group can finish the dps in time.

The 2nd boss however even if you spam do not fall to storm you will still end up with massive AoE damage from the lighting (no i have tried the movement tactic) i try to keep it simple staying in the corner of the platform to keep dps to the max. Even so maybe its just that i find it hard healing this boss but the AoE damage doesnt help with an RK healing and when trying to keep the tank up, who is usually taking alot of damage (hoping no one takes the agro off them) its hard to get other heals on other players even with HoT's.

Personally this is my view with healing sg, if DoT on that boss helps than awsome but to be honest first i have heard of that, but its something to try with that fight, we do SG enough