What with recent changes to levels as well as stats - and Update 12.2 also bringing a re-tweaking of the calculations for Block, Parry and Evade chances - (and because I'm somewhat bored atm and my brain needs/wants something to do) I wanted to collate as much data as possible on various attributes in order to do some curve-fitting and 'reverse engineer' the formulas used for calculating them. Yes, I know! Great fun!
But in order to do this, I need help from as many of you as possible!
When finished, this information will hopefully have been enough to result in formulas to accurately calculate a certain attribute, and those formulas will then be added to the information/guide section on the forums.
"What type of data is needed?"
I will be looking at ALL of the ratings-to-percentage attributes; such as e.g. mitigations, incoming/outgoing healing and B/P/E - but also partial B/P/E and even critical and devastating critical hit chance!
"How can I help with this?"
Along with your character's level (and class), please provide as accurately as possible the relevant numbers related to a particular attribute. Providing several measurements/data points for the same attribute (e.g. multiple gear configurations for the same char level) will also be greatly appreciated, as would attribute information from different char levels than only lvl 95 - since this is a curve-fitting across the whole level spectrum all levels are of equal importance so everyone can participate!
Important: Please also note (and mention) if the attribute you're providing information about is being modified by a straight percentage (i.e. non-rating) through traits, skills or gear - such as e.g. Burglar blue +Evade%, Guardian stance +Block%, or Race of Man +IncHeal% etc.
The following is a list of the numbers I would like you to provide:
- Critical Hit: Rating, as well as Critical chance percentage and Devastating chance percentage (for Melee/Ranged/Tactical if different).
- Finesse: Rating, as well as resist reduction percentage and B/P/E reduction percentage.
- Physical/Tactical Mastery: Specify which mastery, the rating, as well as percentage for damage increase - and in the case of Tactical, also Outgoing Healing percentage.
- Resistance: Rating and percentage.
- Critical Defence: Rating and percentage - specify Melee/Ranged/Tactical in case of difference.
- Incoming Healing: Rating and percentage.
- Block/Parry/Evade: Specify which avoidance(s), the rating, percentage of avoidance as well as partial avoidance, and damage mitigated.
- Physical/Tactical Mitigation: Specify which mitigation, as well as rating and percentage.
"Wow, that is a lot! Do I really have to write down EVERYTHING on the entire list?!?"
No! You don't! You can provide as much or as little data as you want/feel up to!
If you want to give data for all of the points on the list - awesome! If you only want to pick one, or three - say Resistance, Parry and Tactical Mitigation - that's fine too! Every little bit helps, but the more data points are given for a certain attribute, the more accurate the formula will be!
Oh, and if someone wants to help out with the actual math work after the data sets have been collated (can't imagine anyone else being that crazy, but still...) then by all means; give a shout!
(Also, could one of the moderators please sticky this thread for the time being? At least until sufficient data has been collected. Thanks!)