Advice for my Minstrel

Any other Help or Advice that you need.
Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Advice for my Minstrel

Post by Arwat » Fri May 31, 2013 2:07 am

I'm trying to reach to any Minstrel Connoisseur, that is willing to help me.

So, Arwamel is a lvl 33 MNS, and so far i've been playing solo, which means i never did any healing on any type of FS.
Yesterday i went with Starek do GA Arboretum, and some how i was AoE'ing the bee hives. He asked me to only heal, wich i did (yes Grimbark tooooooooook forever)

But i noticed something i never did before. Since most of the time i was on warspeech and solo'ing i did 3xballads + anthem + coda.

This time i had all the 3 ballads, but i couldn't use coda, and noticed that i could use anthems over and over again, waiting the CD time to repeat.

The interesting thing was that i really could feel my buff's on Starek, Anthem of Prowess he didn't get as many damage, and with Anthem of War is damage dealt spiked.

I started to think about it, and my question is: when healing is it reccommend to buid the ballads, use the anthems to buff, don't use coda (ever), and heal with Bolster Courage and Raise the Spirit (keep in mind Arwamel is lvl 33).

My logic being that if that happened with 2 men FS, in a 6 men FS, i can better control the fight.

All advices are welcome

Thanks

Aedfrith

Re: Advice for my Minstrel

Post by Aedfrith » Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 am

There are better minnies in this kin than me, but I'm OK at it and these are my thoughts:

If you're in HARMONY, the coda is epic - it's an AOE burst damage AND healing. At 85 it can easily heal the FS for 3-5k and damage mobs in its area of effect for 2-3k (if heal traited; swap the numbers round for red traits). That might have been the problem, to be fair; you might have been in harmony stance rather than true heal stance (i.e. "no stance"). In true heal stance the coda only heals.

Think of the heal coda as a panic button. You shouldn't need it, using it wipes your anthems, but it's a big spot heal. I try not to use it unless someone needs a big heal quick.

Bolster Courage is a big heal but it is of course slow to induct. Raise the Spirit, especially Improved Raise the Spirit, is quicker and a much better option now than it was pre update 11 when its big power cost could be crippling. These days my heal rotation is pretty derp; get Anthem of Third Age up to reduce inductions and increase heals, get Anthem of Prowess up to protect FS, spam Inspire Fellows, keep bubble up on the tank, spot-heal others with Chord of Salvation or RtS, use coda + free Bolster from Third Age to dish out big tank heals, add a third anthem if I can (War or Composure depending on if I need power).

At the start of a fight, use Call to Greatness particularly on tanks but sometimes also cappies, who get a free defeat event from it, and champs, who can use it to go even more nuts. Also (here is a trick Andy taught me) if you are in "melody" stance then use Cry of the Chorus + Anthem of Compassion to massively lower your heal aggro.

Finally, if you do pull aggro there are several panic buttons - flop, fear, stun with Piercing Cry if you have it traited, use Cry of the Wizards to slow mobs chasing you (again if you have it traited) - and don't forget to heal yourself!
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri May 31, 2013 9:29 am

Aedfrith wrote:Think of the heal coda as a panic button. You shouldn't need it, using it wipes your anthems, but it's a big spot heal.
To clarify: it ONLY clears ballads and anthems on yourself. Your fellowship will still have the anthem buffs on them.
Aedfrith wrote:Also (here is a trick Andy taught me) if you are in "melody" stance then use Cry of the Chorus + Anthem of Compassion to massively lower your heal aggro.
Why only Melody?

-----

As Aed said, the minstrel healing stance, involves not activating any stance skills (ie, Harmony and Warspeech are both off. This is called "Melody".

In Melody, the Coda is a single target heal, comparable to Bolster Courage. You need to be targeting an ally to use it (Or have skill target forwarding turned on, and use it on an enemy that is targeting an ally).

In Harmony, the Coda is an attack that deals AOE damage around the target, and heals nearby fellowship members. It has to be used on an enemy.

In War-speech, the Coda is an attack that deals single target damage to the target. It must be used on an enemy.

-----

Use ballads often, particularly the one that buffs your healing (Major?). Remember that only the last three ballads you use count, so for healing, thats ideally three healing ballads. At which point you can spam it if you have nothing better to do (it does a small heal too).

Keep as many anthems active as you can at all times, and try to use use the coda in an emergency, usually to save the tank - because if he dies, all the mobs go loose, and you're probably going to be their next favourite target.

If you know someone is going to take damage, but they are at full health, don't wait for them to loose health before starting the induction on a bolster courage or something. Start the induction, and they'll be healed a lot quicker after they take a hit than if you waited. If necessary, you can cancel the induction by moving or something before it completes if you prefer.

Overhealing won't generate extra agro (You only generate agro for the amount of morale you can actually restore to people), but it will waste power, which may or may not be an issue for you (Tip: Anthem of Composure > Coda for a damn good power restore over time effect for yourself)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Fri May 31, 2013 4:04 pm

http://www.rangersoferiador.com/forum/v ... f=24&t=263
check page 3, there was the latest version. Disregard some of the power info there, power is not such an pain like was before... except that is ok
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Fri May 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Going to pratice them. ;)