It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Time zones
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:36 pm 

For those of you, like me, that can't be bothered to keep track of all the time zones and changes between summer and winter time here's a good link. In the kin we have people from different time zones and Turbine uses their.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

I you are using Windows 7 you can also add 2 more clocks to the taskbar. left click on the clock in the taskbar, choose "Change date and time settings". Tab "additional clocks". There you can click "show this clock" and add time zone.
I have chosen "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" as one as the events in the kin is set up using that time zone. Second clock I've chosen "(UTC -5) Eastern Time (US & Canada)" as this will give me Turbines time for when they announce maintenance and such.

Note these are winter times. But Win7 will change between summer/winter automatically.

The third tab "Internet Time" allows you to sync the clocks with NTP's. Standard is against a Windows NTP, but you can change it to another if you like. Here's a list of NTP's in different countries to choose from, http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/europe. It is also possible to set up to check against several NTP's but require some registry tweaks so I'm not going to go into that.

Last edited by Obion on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Time zones
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:45 pm 
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nice one Obi :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm 

Obion wrote:
For those of you, like me, that can't be bothered to keep track of all the time zones and changes between summer and winter time here's a good link. In the kin we have people from different time zones and Turbine uses their.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

I you are using Windows 7 you can also add 2 more clocks to the taskbar. left click on the clock in the taskbar, choose "Change date and time settings". Tab "additional clocks". There you can click "show this clock" and add time zone.
I have chosen "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London" as one as the events in the kin is set up using that time zone. Second clock I've chosen "(UTC -5) Eastern Time (US & Canada)" as this will give me Turbines time for when they announce maintenance and such.

Note these are winter times. But Win7 will change between summer/winter automatically.

The third tab "Internet Time" allows you to sync the clocks with NTP's. Standard is against a Windows NTP, but you can change it to another if you like. Here's a list of NTP's in different countries to choose from, http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/europe. It is also possible to set up to check against several NTP's but require some registry tweaks so I'm not going to go into that.

Just wanted to add (to this great piece of advice) that the above works in Windows Vista as well, in the exact same way. :)

Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

I do this with a US Eastern (ie, LOTRO) and US Pacific (STO/LoL) timezone selection :)

SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 pm 
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

^ And guild wars 2 is Pacific

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]