All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Ettenmoors - Asking fellow Champs help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:30 am 
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Hey guys,

Useless stuff, skip if you don't care
Yesterday a Champion of our kin, I don't know the name, he recently turned 75, asked if more wanted to join in on an Ettenmoors raid. That is not the point btw, but just saying. Anyway, I loved it. It was my second time in the Moors and it was damn awesome. Great raid leader so we didn't fail too many times, and we owned a lot of Creeps. I am almost rank 3 now, while I was nothing before (I had 0 kills and 4 deaths before yesterday) and now I have around 150 kills which is cool.

I loved the Ettenmoors Raid because of the teamwork it needs. It's not just standing still killing some boss, and removing some poison every now and then. No, it needs a lot more teamwork, and it's a lot more fun because you're always on the move, you're always trying to help out others and the most important factor, it's dynamic. You never know when or where a creep will show up, or a whole group of creeps. I got so excited seeing like 30 creeps waiting for us, that I loved going in there and SHING SHING them to scare them all away :P Ofcourse we didn't survive a few times but that's also part of it.

Important Part
Now, what I would like to know is, which gear, stance, virtues, traits etc to use when going in the moors (In a RAID). I don't tend to ever 1v1 there, I don't like it. But I would like to know, should I be in full DPS build or should I mix and match or just full out max morale and glory? Also, which traits and virtues works for the best in the moors?

Also for a weapon, which legacies work for the most in the moors? Just stacking up morale? I can see for 1on1 situation you would want to go for full DPS to burn down your opponent real quick. But for raid playing I think I can reach around 14k morale, buffed, while in DPS build I am around 6k only lol. Anyway, some advice from fellow moors champs would help me. If you never been to the moors please don't bother posting here because it's a whole different world :P

Hardist - Champion / Vendication - Guardian / Cuteron - Burglar / Deathron - Captain / Elmormo - Rune Keeper

Post subject: Re: Ettenmoors - Asking fellow Champs help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 pm 
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Will give you a lengthy post here at some point later today about ettens and the champ. I'm also willing to lead a few newer people into the ettens so they can get to grips with it.

I will say this though. Do not go for a cannon build (creeps will target and kill you before you say boo) and do not go for a tank build (you won't kill anything, hence why guards are ignored in ettens). Like always the champ wants a balance between both

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:39 pm 
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

I want to write something even though I've never been on a Moors raid....

Horn Stun Duration, Feral Strikes damage, Dire Need CD, Stat Legs, Rend Bleed damage!

If only there was an AoE Clobber.....

Not sure about traits. Mostly AoE, probably traits for extra targets, but might still want red traits.

Anyways... just trying to get the discussion started so's I have something to read at work.

H

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 pm 
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Wrong about everything except horn stun duration and maybe dire need cd H :-P. And traitwise its 5 red + capstone, 2 yellow. Anyway will write up all i can think of once i'm done in lecture

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:12 pm 
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Right now I am using critical multiplier and aoe damage and remorseless strikes.

I don't balance in instances. I either go full DPS or full tanking, whichever role I need to fullfill in the instance. For ToO I am however going for a balance. But right now I would like to focus more on Ettens since I am loving it. Even if there are not too many creeps (and no freep raids) I would love to go in there with a small group, hunting for creeps.

Hardist - Champion / Vendication - Guardian / Cuteron - Burglar / Deathron - Captain / Elmormo - Rune Keeper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:20 pm 
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

I might grab a few people and do a small group ettens run tomorrow evening

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:26 pm 
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Sounds good. Also, in 1-2 hours I ranked up from 0 to almost being rank 3. How long does it take to let's say, reach rank 6? Does it take THAT much longer than the first few ranks or are some people just noobs in ranking up or what? :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:33 pm 
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Rend Bleed Damage... Wrong? I don't believe it :)

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm 
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Not sure if I am using rend bleed damage right now on this weapon, but yesterday when I used rend, I did an average damage of 1500 - 2000, so maybe with the legacy I could do a lot more damage.. Might be worth looking into yes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:36 pm 
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

R1 - 500
R2 - 750
R3 - 1500
R4 - 3000
R5 - 9000
R6 - 18000

And it keeps doubling. And Ofc it resets everytime you rank. So you need 500 to R1, then it goes back to 0 and you need 750 to get R2, reset to 0 and need 1500 to R3, etc

So yes it takes significant time to rank after you get to R4

Rend bleed damage is mediocre tbh H and there's better sword majors to take

Page 1 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next