Bilbo's buttons ?

Any questions, help and advice related to Quests & Deeds
anguelion
Esquire
Esquire

Bilbo's buttons ?

Post by anguelion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:42 am

Did anybody make this deed quest which give Honesty+1 ?
I can't find who give the quest.
If anybody has experience please share it here :ugeek:
We work for living but not live for working !

Aedfrith

Re: Bilbo's buttons ?

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am

Random mob drops in MM I believe. It's a real pain.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 am

According to this http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Bilbo%27s_Buttons, it is both random drops and fixed locations.
But yes, whole Goblin town is a real pain.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:41 am

It's a deed, not a quest, but obi has already given you the perfect answer :)

Also moving this topic to the Deeds forum.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

anguelion
Esquire
Esquire

Post by anguelion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:43 am

For my RK I use the virtues:
Wisdom
Valour
Loyalty
Idealism
Honesty

For Honesty I made only level 8. Started "Limlight Gorge Explorer" but can't reach the last point - a lot of agressif spiders and trees with 75000 morale. To kill 450 Uruk Hais in Dunland is not an easy task and I can't find where the Uruk Hais are in Dunland. I read in LOTRO-WIKI there are 2 levels for Honesty in Goblin town. But you tell me the Goblin town is "a real pain".
What to do ? Change the Honesty with another virtue ? But which one ?
We work for living but not live for working !

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:04 am

i quited using the old virtues like wisdom, honesty, idealism etc. That because the amounts of raw stats are not so much helpful these days when u will reach very easy over 2k of your main stat. I used honesty on my mini long time ago because was realy a very easy virtue to raise. Feel free to check other virtues also with more protection and mittigation, specially because runekeeper is very squishy and can die easily. Even is only my style to play, i traited on all my virtues the following ones:

zeal and valour for mittigation, armour and raw morale. Valour trait is your choice, u can swap it with something else, i am usually keeping this trait as backup and i swap with fidelity sau tolerance when i need tactical mittigation. Even tactical mittigation is a must in ortanc, i dont have fidelity/tolerance traited on any of my toons because i try to compensate with vitality and i am very close to the cap limit of 40% on light armours (mini and RK).

Innocence for mittigation
Honour for resistance and mittigation
Charity for resistance and mittigation
and or compasion for more mittigation.

Atm the virtues who give you small amounts or stats are not very nice now and atractive. And raising your mittigations is the best thing to do imo because will give you more survivability. Wisdom trait will grant you 450 tactical mastery for those 45 will wich is almost nothing, instead innocence will give you +756 physical, +1207 resistance and +189 tactical mitt. That is quite a lot. Charity or honour grant you over 2,5k resistance wich is a huge amount. I have over 35% resistance on mini and i want to say that i resist alot in Saruman fight for example. Zeal for example grant you +389 morale, +453.6 physical mittigation and +210 armour. Wisdom or honesty or idealism cannot beat that. U may think that ranged stay behind but most of the damage now days is either distributed, either AOE, aggro issues, puddles and stuff and u will be hit one way or another.
Indeed i saw some LM using Idealism wich grant you 45 fate, 1200 resist and 11 will, way too little bonuses imo but your choice how u will build your toon. Feel free to take any advices from here if they help you.

for more details where to go for deeds (does not include RoI i am afraid) check this:
http://www.burgzerg.com/virtues

Also check here for all the deeds bonuses and choose what suits you best:
http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues

Later edit, honesty is very very easy to max it. check here:
Bilbos Buttons Misty Mountains +1 Honesty Collect 8 Items
Craban Slayer (Advanced) Lone-Lands +1 Honesty Kill 160 Crebain
Troll-slayer (Advanced) Lone-Lands +1 Honesty Kill 120 Trolls
The Forbidding Heights Misty Mountains +1 Honesty Explore 8 Places
The Wilds of Tal Bruinen Trollshaws +1 Honesty Explore 6 Places
Goblin Town Misty Mountains +1 Honesty Explore 7 Places
The Great Delving Moria Central Halls +1 Honesty Explore 8 Places
Silent and Restless Eregion +1 Honesty Complete 10 Quests
The Ring Goes South Eregion +1 Honesty Explore 5 Places
Zelem-melek Moria Central Halls +1 Honesty Explore 8 Places
Villians of the Grand Stair (Part 1) Grand Stairs - The +1 Honesty Kill 4 Bosses
Corpse-Eaters Skumfil +1 Honesty Kill 5 Bosses
Into the Black and Twisted Forest (Advanced) Southern Mirkwood +1 Honesty Complete 30 Quests

Most of them are discovery deeds. And also Goblin town sucks at lower levels, but when u solo it at 75 will be no problem at all, trust me. Just a lot of walking ...
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)