LOTRO Trait Tree Planner

Useful information resources for LOTRO on the Internet.
Arc

LOTRO Trait Tree Planner

Post by Arc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:48 pm

I found this really nice tool, which lets you play around with and plan your trait tree point spending at no cost! :D

http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php

It also lets you generate a "build code" for your specific tree, so you can share your particular build with others - either via the code itself, or via a direct link! :)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Obion

Re: LOTRO Trait Tree Planner

Post by Obion » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 am

Nice one.
I've made a few if anyone is interested in alternatives.

LM
DPS: 7k

Guard
Tank: 7n

Hunter
Trapper: 7r
Moving: 7q

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:09 am

It keeps telling me "Something went wrong" - proxy error maybe? Will try at home.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Obion

Post by Obion » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Got the same error when testing yesterday evening after the skirms.
It's a private built thing so might be an error that will be fixed when there is time for it.

Arc

Post by Arc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:01 pm

I only tested a couple of builds so far, and none of them were for my high-level characters.

My Lore-master is still only lvl 34 (so I don't know most of the traits, how they work or their implications etc.), but this is what I had planned for it when maxed - at least in one of the specs (KoA, the planned 'main' one): 7h
If the more experienced LM's among you have any feedback on the build, I'd love to hear any ideas and/or suggestions you might have - and the reasons why. :)

Also, this is where I plan to end up with my "Gamburger" (:D), which is lvl 69 atm: 7g
Thoughts? :)

Obion

Post by Obion » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Arc wrote:I only tested a couple of builds so far, and none of them were for my high-level characters.

My Lore-master is still only lvl 34 (so I don't know most of the traits, how they work or their implications etc.), but this is what I had planned for it when maxed - at least in one of the specs (KoA, the planned 'main' one): 7h
If the more experienced LM's among you have any feedback on the build, I'd love to hear any ideas and/or suggestions you might have - and the reasons why. :)

Also, this is where I plan to end up with my "Gamburger" (:D), which is lvl 69 atm: 7g
Thoughts? :)
For the LM think I would change to "Prepare for war" instead of "Loyalty". Better base damage from pet while loosing some % chance of a heal. More damage = better at holding aggro.

Arc

Post by Arc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Obion wrote:For the LM think I would change to "Prepare for war" instead of "Loyalty". Better base damage from pet while loosing some % chance of a heal. More damage = better at holding aggro.
Ok. What about 'Go for the Throat' instead? It may amount to more damage than the other trait, I dunno. I've been thinking about 'Go for the Throat', but not sure where to pull the points from. :?
Maybe 'Loyalty' is a bit overkill at higher levels (I haven't got a clue, will have to wait and see until I get there). Otherwise I was considering maybe pulling 2 points from 'Dont Interrupt Me' and possibly dropping 'Catmint'. That still leaves 1 point to squeeze from somewhere (assuming GffT is to be maxed)...

I read somewhere that 'Loyalty' really becomes amazing when you boost the pet's morale as much as possible - such that it gives a much larger heal to the LM. Think it might have been in a PvMP discussion though. :)
But the question that is left to answer is; how much of a heal is actually needed? :D

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Depends, if your tanking on your LM the bigger heals come in handy, but then the extra threat from the DPS is nice

Either way at least the LM now is acknowledged as a better tank than your fail Warden fisting his spear and making grunting noises :lol:

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Arc

Post by Arc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Dumnomii wrote:Either way at least the LM now is acknowledged as a better tank than your fail Warden fisting his spear and making grunting noises :lol:
her* ;)

Anyway, that's not really my fault though - or my Warden's, for that matter. The blame for that rather lies with... shall we say 'a certain type of food', and leave it at that? :(

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!