It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Complaint about the current state of raid organization
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:20 pm 
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

I am sorry for the situation since we have here some very nice ppl with whom i am good friend even i did not see anyone of them in RL. Responsabilities ... u have a life time full of those ... and u came home from work to have some free time, not for writting the post of draigoch on RoE forum. Honestly, i wanted to write the post for Draigoch. But i say many times that i cannot take care of this things and since i will never gonna be a leader in this game, i try to not mess others at least. I will try to get man points helping others and joining everytime someone ask for my help. This is my way to help the kin.

True, BG was off from lack of ppl and the rescheduling was a little problem since Hal promised that he will run some skirmishes, for gear and for testing his minni - friday. But we must give Hal a little credit since he did one awesome race in 6 days for that minstrel. So was no one's fault. If u want to do a lvl 65 raid and u are a 75, that mean most of the time that u will gonna raid for fun and not for gear from there, so let not ruin that.
Let presume that those 2 raid with problems are someone's fault. Since we raiding (6 months) that never happened. So the fault % is little. We are ppl, not machines.

Draigoch is another story, i allways knew that bal try to make the posts with out having a specific time so that the ppl cannot hunt the prefered places. But i have the impresion that we dont hunt those, or we do? From the draigoch best raid days i think thursday was the most voted (11 votes i remember) and sunday. So i think that is why thursday is gonna fill up very quickly.

Cronin mate, indeed everyone of the regular who do raids have to take care of consumables and stuff. Keep in mind that in my carrier as healer i was very busy, since most of the time i was the only healer online and i was taken everywere. Even if we failed and wipes a lot of times i never leaved any instance until the leader say "that it, we call the night off" knowing that if i go after 2 h, the party will disband. I barely had anytime to grind pots and consumables (some friendly kinni was nice to me and send me many times those, like Kiraail, Obi, Hae, Wip.). I have only one main so i must buy all and i did not have the time to make money in this game. I say all this so u understood what mean to be prepared for a raid.

Respect all the officers and my kinni with whom i share the fun in this game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:25 am 
Captain General
Captain General

Dumnomii wrote:
I expect Bal/Grim/Heam/Nost will be fighting over the update 5 instances :)

Shotgunned it months ago :D

My own... my precious... 8-)

Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:34 am 
Captain General
Captain General

But as a serious post:

Yes organisation of raids hasnt been fantastic recently, there will always be some raids that dont go ahead like rift, and some that get rescheduled like BG. BG has been rescheduled well ahead of time because the raid leader and his 2IC couldnt make it. This is regrettable but not unreasonable in my opinion.

With regards to draigoch being posted late - as far as Im aware, the new signup sheets for the week have always been posted on wednesdays for as long as we have done 3 runs a week and why this should become an issue now is a bit beyond me. Everybody knows when we run draigoch atm and thursday is always a full raid, as is sunday usually. When it comes to tuesday the raid leader is almost always struggling to fill out the raid and trying to find people for the next weeks runs already is a bit much to handle tbh - trying to keep track of 2 weeks of draigoch signups (72 players!) is surely an impossible task even for our godly leader :p

Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:06 am 
Ranger
Ranger

Regarding the BG raid on wednesday i said prior that i wouldnt be on to lead it as my manager decided to do a 'surprise meeting' i then asked another officer who has experience leading BG to lead it unfortunately he was unable to do so due to working late (unavoidable). Now if i was in a raid and the leader couldnt go i would just take the initiative to lead it myself or ask someone else, i sometimes wonder if certain people think us officers have all the time in the world, believe it or not' as hard a notion as it is to accept we do not have all the time because of reasons some have listed prior to this including jobs and social lives. at least we attempt to put the raids up and give our time to leading them, if we didnt do this i suspect the events page would be very bare.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:20 pm 
Lady
Lady

Madrin wrote:
Ofc im not saying you should have complaints at all but keep it constructive and postivive, the last thing people should have to do is worrying and being annoyed because of a game.

Amen to that. Feedback and suggestions are great and from my experience always well received by officers. From a human perspective, the more nicely the feedback is phrased, the more likely it will be taken into consideration. We're all here for fun, and we should all respect that.

With regards to the raid organisation, I'm often a silent observer on the boards as I haven't had much time for LOTRO lately. I wanted to do Draigoch this week and it made sense that this week raid schedule would be posted once last week's lot was over, so I checked on Wednesday after the raid and there it was.

Ideally we'd have a designated day to post raids, yet I don't think this is possible (or fair to ask). Raid leaders and officers RL does and will always go first. So the way I see it, it's the responsibility of the people interested in raiding to keep an eye out on the board, trusting that the organisers will do their best to post it early.

With regards to Raid going or not going, it happens, however disappointing this might be. The gear bought for the occasion does keep. After all, it's not as if we were all going on a week long camping trip and all the provisions would go to waste.

I guess my point is that we all need to stay cool and flexible, and thank the people who help us run as many raids as we do now because looking after a community as big as ours is no mean feat. So thank you guys. :)

Thiromur: Dwarf Rune-Keeper Lvl 66 - EGM Scholar, EM Farmer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm 
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Just gotta bump this thread again to give credit where credit's due.

I dont know if its in direct response to this thread Ive posted or that it was something that has been in the pipeline for a while anyway, but fact remains the raid organization and planning has improved a lot after the Christmas break. Much thought has been given to the new Orthanc schedule, even Im glad to see Draigoch has not been forgotten either. Im also glad to see we now have a fixed date when raid schedules are posted.
So I can't do nothing else but to give a big 'chapeau' to our officers and raid leaders.

Dwalfor - lvl 75 guardian
Sahasrahla - lvl 85 loremaster
Vivianne - lvl 85 champion
Nardin - lvl 76 runekeeper
Bredoc - lvl 85 warden
Liangil - lvl 85 minstrel

Page 3 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3