The Greyflood Group

Any ideas or suggestions you have for the kin.
Aedfrith

Re: Taking it to a new level?

Post by Aedfrith » Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 am

Aed is now 10-10-9-9-8; Ald is 10-10-6-6-5 so some work to do there.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Post by Wiploc » Mon May 09, 2011 10:32 am

Thx for the updates guys - should now be reflected in the initial post. Check it out! And pay attention to the number of players as well as the roles + virtues! We are getting there awfully fast. We are 12 lvl65 at the moment which can make out a good raid. Of course a Cappy/mini back-up would be nice + reserves - but this is for the raids. Bear in mind that for the initial 3- and 6-man instances we can actually start to combine things soon...how very motivating :)
Last edited by Wiploc on Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?"

Khynareth
Lady
Lady

Post by Khynareth » Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Virtues are 8/9/10/10/10
Will be grinding more this week

Thiromur: Dwarf Rune-Keeper Lvl 66 - EGM Scholar, EM Farmer

Rasmil
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Rasmil » Mon May 09, 2011 7:53 pm

I think my virtues are around 8 at the moment but working on them I'd like to be involved if there's room for me
Rasmil - level 75 champ
Polbro - level 75 mini

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Post by Wiploc » Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Good job Khynnie! And Ras - of course there is room. You are on the list ;)

Selandes
Footman
Footman

Post by Selandes » Tue May 10, 2011 7:16 am

As once Augrim pointed out (the goal), its good to see that most lvl65 players have motivation for this.

Thank you Wip for the initiative.

I'll be happy to join kin raids with Nem and Sel.
Nem has 8/20 vitrues @10
Sel has 12/20 vitrues @10

p.s. Having more than 5 virtues at 10 may be useful (especially the ones which gives fear, poison, disease, shadow resistance and ranged/tactical defence). They can be swapped according to instance needs.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtue

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 am

Selandes wrote:p.s. Having more than 5 virtues at 10 may be useful (especially the ones which gives fear, poison, disease, shadow resistance and ranged/tactical defence). They can be swapped according to instance needs.
Having more than 5 is definately recommended, and you shouldn't be set in stone with just 5.

But tbh only maybe 10 of the 20 are actually any use. The primarily ones you will be interested in are stat/morale/power building ones, with the flexibility coming from which mitigation you use. For example, even with melee classes, there are times when tolerance should be used instead of innocence and so forth.

I don't put any stock into the status resistance virtues. The values aren't great, and secondary stats even worse. Compare to, for example, a captain's muster courage which adds ~6500 resist and can be kept up permanently.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Post by Wiploc » Tue May 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Counted on you Sel :) Glad to have you in!
And in terms of virtue-flexibility you are both right of course. I willingly admit to setting the count to 5 out of pure fear...since I would probably end up as fish-food in case the idea didn't take; killed slowly by a hard-working grinders :D

Anyways, the fact that you have now stated the benefits - it will probably become a priority later (when the grind-hatred has been somewhat forgotten).

Rasmil
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Rasmil » Tue May 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Ok my exact virtues are.

8-9-10-9-6
Rasmil - level 75 champ
Polbro - level 75 mini

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks to equipment dropped in NCF, StH and LT T2 raids under the excellent leadership of Grim, and some epic questing resulting in a 2nd Age level 65 sword, Aed has had a step improvement in his DPS effectiveness. Ranged offence is close to 8000 - something like 7800 - and crit ratiing is about 5000.

Next objective - to get a 2nd Age bow and get rid of the 3 remaining Moria Blue Set clothes (jacket, boots, gloves) he's wearing for something better. Possibly bits of Nenuial but not sure.
Edit - A lot of progress made; Aed now wears 4 Helegrod, 1 DN and the Footman's Leggings from StH T2.
Edit - Now ROR is around 9200 with 615 agi so goes up to 9700 when buffed; unbuffed crit is about 5200.
Edit - Have a 2A 65 bow which is a thing of true beauty - 4 major tier 6 legs, 2 more decent legs for empowerment scrolls, Beleriand damage, maxed.
Last edited by Aedfrith on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!