The Almighty
The Almighty

This is going to bite me in the ass by next December. Oh well :mrgreen:

January-February 2013
  • Write guides for the new "Road to Erebor" 3-man instances:
    1. Iorbar's Peak
    2. Seat of the Great Goblin
    3. Webs of the Scuttledells
  • Write and/or Revamp guides for the newly Dol Guldur (Mirkwood) Instance Cluster:
    1. Sword Halls of Dol Guldur
    2. Warg Pens of Dol Guldur
    3. Dungeons of Dol Guldur
    4. Sammath Gul
    5. Barad Guldur
  • Do some standalone LOTRO videos for YouTube (class overviews maybe), to test/practice recording and editing prior to doing a "Let's Play" series
    1. For example, simple overviews of what a class does, their roles in groups, and basically "What other classes need to know about the <Insert Class Here>". Minimal technobabble. The idea being to give players considering a new class an idea of what they do so the player can make an informed decision, or just helping existing players understand what other classes will hopefully be doing during group play, so that everyone can work better as a team.

February 2013 (Post-U10)
  • Start an ongoing "Let's Play" video series on YouTube!
    1. Level a cute Warden Hobbit-lass to 85 and record everything along the way (Tactical editing for boring bits such as grinding, crafting, getting to quest locations etc)
    2. Use the series to be equal parts entertainment and informative to newer players, teaching them the game along the way as my character encounters the systems and gameplay. (Virtues, Corruptions, everything about the warden class, group play, endgame - EVERYTHING!)
    3. Use the series to raise the profile of our kinship, and get both existing players and people who only watched the videos to join our kin (I literally get bonus points if they use my referal link to register :D)
    4. As the series progresses, Add detailed written guides to the site to launch simultaneously with the videos. The videos can therefore reference them for people to do further reading if desired, while still working fine as a standalone guide. (Eg, topic like Virtues, Legendary Items, etc.)
    5. Record some (VERY unlikely to be all) instance/group play with kinnies. Unlikely because besides the effort involved, it probably won't be as informative as a proper video tutorial for an instance, Which i would also like to do at some point.
  • Write guides for the remaining "Road to Erebor" instances:
    1. The Bells of Dale
    2. Flight to the Lonely Mountain
    3. The Fires of Smaug
    4. The Battle for Erebor

Spring 2013 (Post-U11)
  • Write/revamp guides for the newly scaled "In Their Abscence" Instances:
    1. Northcotton Farm
    2. Stoneheight
    3. Lost Temple
    4. Sari-Surma
    5. Ost Dunhoth

Things not on a timescale & Spring Onwards!
  • Try to add a few more guides, not necessarily only for instances (No Timescale)
  • Mega Recruitment Drive! Assimilate Snowbourn! (Year round)
  • Add a lottery system to our website (Preferably before kin 4th Birthday in August)

-----

If i missed any of my other delusions of grandeur, or if you have any other ideas, feel free to suggest them! :mrgreen:

SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Post subject: Re: Bal's Roadmap for 2013!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 pm 
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Seems to have a plan there Bal - we'll spam you along the way :)

Reminds me of having to have a look at the champ guide at some point. May be an idea to refurbish the character guides in general after updates, changes and such. I see that as a shared responsibility ofc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:57 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

Yep, any/all help with things are appreciated.

For the video class guides i'm thinking of having a script writted for each, then i can just go off to film segments which can play while i do the voiceover of the script. Might need some volunteers to be dummies though (Since actual dummies will be crap for showing cc skills etc).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:36 pm 
Esquire
Esquire

Quote:
Might need some volunteers to be dummies though (Since actual dummies will be crap for showing cc skills etc).

- I start to play Lolli all the way to the top and so with Aywa, already today. When they are there let me know if you want them as dummies. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:13 pm 
Captain General
Captain General

I expect the class guides on the forums could probably do with an update now, as I doubt many of them have been updated since RoI, and getting them up on the website properly would be cool too. Will do an update on the guardian one this week.

Also I quite like the idea of levelling something rather leisurely over the year, so might create a character to keep pace with your new warden while you do Let's Play. Would give you a dummy/fellowship partner when needed too. Any thoughts on what might compliment a warden nicely?

Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:13 pm 
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

would advise treading carefully with new class guides. They need to be very impartial. for example if I gave a guide on captains from my experience they would be very different from say arc or tara for example. We need to have say some guidelines for class guides giving the basic info only regarding skills and role and not going into legacies and traits as a lot of the time these can be personal preference

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

It's "How Stuff Works" not "You should do this"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:29 am 
Bacon Connoisseur
Bacon Connoisseur

wauv, you will be a busy dude Bal! Got to much time on your hands? :) Awesome you wanna use your time off on this :)

Ferby and the other dudes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:28 pm 
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

the mini guide should be updated, but i will recheck it very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:31 pm 

Grim wrote:
Any thoughts on what might compliment a warden nicely?

Rune-keeper.
The synergy between those classes in a duo is really wonderful.

Back when I first joined the kin, when leveling my RK and was in the late 20's/early 30's, I came across Raff on his Warden (of about the same level) in North Downs. We teamed up and quested/leveled together from then on through most of the game - well, at least all the way through Moria until I stopped in Mirkwood in the late 60's for several months because I got bored. :D
So, I can speak from experience when saying that Warden + RK is an amazing combination; both classes can quickly change approach/tactics/'role' mid-fight depending on the ebb and flow, and they complement each others strengths and weaknesses very well. This adaptive synergy would be especially nice considering the educational nature of these video recordings, since you can have the RK go full-out DPS through most content but switch to healing while the Warden DPSes through the occasional really tough stuff on-level (fellowship quests from Trestlebridge, turtles in Malenhad, etc.). :)

Apart from everything else it's a really, really FUN combo! Try it and see. :lol:

Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next