Let's Play LOTRO

Any ideas or suggestions you have for the kin.
Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Re: Let's Play LOTRO

Post by Hal » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm thinking option 1 with option 2. Explore a region in its completeness, using the XP disabler to prevent you becoming over levelled for the region, and to prevent you out-levelling other regions. Then move onto another region, rinse and repeat

If you're going to buy and use the XP Disabler, there is no reason why you can't do EVERY region in the game on level, to demostrate not only the fullness of the game and the flavour of each region but also give a more complete view of each region and the transitioning, whilst showcasing majority of the quests, so it can be used as a walkthrough too

In for a penny, in for a pound as they say Bal. May as well do as full a job as possible :P

PS: I expect instances too :P

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:53 pm

I'd say option 2, realistically very few people ever do all the regions, or even all the quests in a region. Best to stick to how people actually play the game imo. How are you going to handle the epic though? Will you bother doing the second half of volume 1 or give up at book 8 like I always end up doing? :p
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 pm

So discussing the content format a bit more with Hal off the forums we've come up the the following idea.

General playing, exploration, leveling etc will be in the main videos.

More tutorial based stuff, such as explaining in details the game's systems such as virtues and how to get them, class traits, horses, legendaries etc will be done in entirely seperate videos, to make these pools of knowledge more accessible an easier to find than simply saying "It's covered in North Downs video #8".

As for the Epic...I will do all of it, preferably on-levelish. That way i can put myself in the shoes of a player trying to grind them out on level, and see if i can suggest any tips to improve success on the hard ones. They'll probably be in the main videos, although highly likely to just be the only thing covered in their respective episodes. Eg, "Vol 1, Book 1 Chaps 1-4" in one episode.

In fact, episodes will probably be focused on specific areas of the game, rather than pick'n'mix - Eg Epic Quests, or Questing, or Exploration etc.

I can then have a huge YouTube playlist with the general playthough videos, interspersed with the tutorials as they become relevant to the Let's Play character's storyline (which for the purposes of tutorial, might not necessarily use the Let's Play character).

I can then also have a second YouTube playlist for Tutorials only, so those only interested in the serious business can find it easier.

Thoughts?
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

hfonsdalh
Footman
Footman

Post by hfonsdalh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:54 pm

I actually think that would be a great idea to have two differenct playlists.. but then it would be a great idea to put links in the let's play playlist over to the tutorial playlist... and vise versa.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 am

Hmm some guy from the US subbed to my channel (pretty sure it's not any of you guys anyway), and he's done quite a lot of LOTRO vids himself, so will have to watch through his backlog and see if theres any tips & tricks i can learn from his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kazcovall
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker