It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: RoR Loot List - Google Docs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 am 
The Almighty
The Almighty

nostborn wrote:
Why not create a back end dbase and link this to multiple aspx pages in order to update and view the data through sql querys. Can link it into one of the current user databases to allow permissions to add etc. I can knock a rough dbase up however i am very rusty at web design for the pages. But this would not be ready for ror as it would take some time and you would still have the bandwidth issues

A system though the site has been discussed thoroughly in the revamp thread. The problem is that a webpage isnt a spreedsheet, so you can't have it super wide or scrollable. The Tooltip solution while cosmetically awesome means that it's harder to compare a sizable pool of items comapred to on the spreedsheet.

Lets not forget the amount of coding involved and the the fact that my lazy ass needs to do it.

SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kZQWG9oSGc

Got a working spreadsheet link at the above address working. Have been messing about with Riel to test it. Anyone should be able to access it and have limited read-only access.

You won't be able to sort the data unless you have admin permissions (since google auto-saves every change, and this could cause issues with multiple people working at the same time).

Anyone can however download a copy of the spreedsheet to do with as they please (in excel, openoffice and many more formats).

Personally i'm thinking that it's looking like a very viable option for making the loot lists, since loads of people (who get permission from me) can edit the list, so we can get everyone adding to the lists ASAP.

-----

NOTE: currently 3 tabs in that spreedsheet

The first is a pure listing of all items and stats - This will include lb85 skraid loot, and instance cluster loot when it arrives.

The second purely matches names of skraid loot to drop locations. No stats, those are on the first tab.

the third is NOT a final page from the spreesheet - its a sheet imported from excel of the old rise of isengard loot, used by me to test the filtering/sorting options.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

OK, so assuming we're all agreed with using Google docs for the loot list, currently it looks like this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... oSGc#gid=0

(Ignore Orthanc tab - thats purely for playing around with functionality)

Any further feedback on that?

And does anybody want administration rights to that document, so you can add/edit things yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:13 pm 
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

atm i dont think i can, since my stuff from home is old (aka i have an old Office 2003 wich suits very good for me but i cannot open docX, xlsX files except if i have the new Office). I do think i can do something on my laptop who have Windows 7 and the new Office suite but i will check it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:29 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

I may be wrong, but i believe there might be some sort of patch to allow word older word versions to open (convert) the new file types.

Also - You edit directly into the webpage. It's only if you want a physical copy to do waht you want with it that you have to download it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:35 pm 

Office compability pack.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2