What kin want from us and what u think we could do better.

Any ideas or suggestions you have for the kin.
nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Re: What kin want from us and what u think we could do bette

Post by nostborn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:13 pm

I suppose an idea would be a secondary level of kin member( i know there isnt an actual rank) yet these are the experienced raiders/organisers. Can assign access to the kin chests and suicide list to those people, the people can be decided on by the officers. This would be my first idea at an attempt to bridge the gap and reduce the stigma between officer and member ranks
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 pm

I think if someone is really going to organize raids that need SK list access, they've pretty much shown their worth in actually doing what they do. I could name Dan and Nost for example. No need to rank people, just give access to those who regularly make stuff happen. Atm it's not too many people anyway so effectively they're not too different from officers, they just don't invite ppl to kin and spam welcome message. :)
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 am

nostborn wrote:I suppose an idea would be a secondary level of kin member( i know there isnt an actual rank) yet these are the experienced raiders/organisers. Can assign access to the kin chests and suicide list to those people, the people can be decided on by the officers. This would be my first idea at an attempt to bridge the gap and reduce the stigma between officer and member ranks

EXACTLY this i wanted to say last night but i forgot the ideea and wrote something else. Not messing ppl with officer ranks and also the difference between recruit and kinsman is obsolete .. so we need either an rank between kinsman and officers, either demote all to recruits and asign kinsman title to the ones willing to run something.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:46 am

I don't like the idea of using demotion in order to reclaim the "Recruit" rank for use. Someone - Like Randiri or Wosit - Who have been in the kin for almost it's entire three years would be labeled with a title that makes them sound new.

Ultimately, I'd like to see them implement the same system as in ST:O. For those who don't play it - There are (up to) SEVEN ranks. You can rename each rank to whatever you want. You can assign loads of permissions to each rank too.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 am

In an ideal world bal that would be great however untill turbine release that we have to work with what we got. I know we have limited number of allowed people to use the kin chest (me for example as im not an officer yet have access). We can also do the same thing with the suicide list. Im not saying everyone who has been in the kin for ages, more like the select few that the officer team select (they run raids, social events, help people i dont know what requirements you might have). This will provide an extra layer in the kin betwwen the officer and member rank esdentially just without a title. Its exacrlt the same this as the officers can vote who they think desirve it before hand. Kind of like how i suggested officers were picked when i had my little rage just with less responsibilities
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:42 am

Balthelion wrote:I don't like the idea of using demotion in order to reclaim the "Recruit" rank for use. Someone - Like Randiri or Wosit - Who have been in the kin for almost it's entire three years would be labeled with a title that makes them sound new.

Ultimately, I'd like to see them implement the same system as in ST:O. For those who don't play it - There are (up to) SEVEN ranks. You can rename each rank to whatever you want. You can assign loads of permissions to each rank too.

Good ole GW2 uses the same flexible ranking system and ability to create and alter ranks as well as their privileges. Seems like GW2 is taking the good parts of all the mmo's and masking them together

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 am

While they do have the luxury of being able to design their system from scratch instead of redoing an existing system, they do deserve some credit for using their brains.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Balthelion wrote:I don't like the idea of using demotion in order to reclaim the "Recruit" rank for use. Someone - Like Randiri or Wosit - Who have been in the kin for almost it's entire three years would be labeled with a title that makes them sound new.

+1 , for alot of people titles means a lot, going against this statement though I do not see a need to give people ranks in game (other than if needed by mechanics ie kin chest access - but I see no current issues with this anyway) who cares what rank they have in game, its imaterial , all that matters is that the officers trust them enough to have a login to administer suicide list etc.

Given how much we are doing that needs sucide list atm though, again this doesnt seem to really be an issue.

Those that will step up and run stuff will normally do so with or without a rank,

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Well I'm levelling my RK as a healer, she's now in the 50s so I'm happy to run some lower level content if anyone wants it. Just don't blame me if you die ;)
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 pm

How about forum ranks? Allows more ranks and can use in game perks like kin chest and suicide list access to differentiate them.
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar