Calling all instance veterans!

Any ideas or suggestions you have for the kin.
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Calling all instance veterans!

Post by Balthelion » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 pm

We could do with having more guides written for the Guides Section of our website. If you consider yourselves familiar with a particular instance, why not try writing a guide for it? :)

Just get it typed up on the forums (Guides & Guide Contributions), with a little bit of effort into formatting to break it down and make it easier to read. Don't worry if you don't have every little scrape of info (What's X debuff that the boss casts?) because the kin can help you fill in any blanks.

It doesn't have to be perfect, and it probably will be edited a little before properly being published on the main site. But having an 80% ready guide makes my job a LOT easier (particularly if its an instance I haven't run a lot of late) and will help us increase the guide count further.

Guides do not have to specifically be for instances (for example, we already have ones for: Playing Music, Legendary Items, Virtues) and any other suggestions are welcome.

I'm planning to get a Dungeons of Dol Guldur guide written over the coming weeks, which will be added with the new site. If anyone else is up to the task of writing a guide, it would be great to see them final drafted by the end of july, to give me a week to prepare them for the sites release (planned on our 3rd birthday)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Aedfrith

Re: Calling all instance veterans!

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Roots of Fangorn guide tweaked/updated (see instances section of forums).
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Probably time I finished that orthanc guide I promised years ago :p will probably need a screenshot tour at some point though
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Could use a screenshot tour of everywhere tbh. Still haven't done one for watcher :P
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Everytime I bothered to think of writing a guide, someone's shot me down, we'll see if I can be fussed this time

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:42 pm

had a brief look at the screenshots i have available atm - and there's not much. checked my photobucket account too - seems to be a few more.

won't be able to go through everything till i have a proper computer again (current system gives me a headache looking at screenshots) but should be able to have a look and see what i can link to on thursday or friday. i hope.

won't be sitting down to write a guide though, can't be arsed with that :P