Basically, we all love our loot lists in the kin when new content comes out. So does the community, as they tend to flood the site with traffic in order to reach them when new content comes out (It actually resulted in a few days of website downtime with Rise of Isengard as we exceeded our traffic limit - The RoI loot list has had 50,000 visits!!!)
As you can imagine, it takes quite a bit of effort on my part to compile all the submission data, get it in a spreadsheet and format it all etc. So i had the though of making an automated system on the site for it.
ANYONE who is registered on the site can submit the stats of a new item. This will include all the usual info, such as stats, instance, boss, tier etc. Submited items will then be held in a pool of "unapproved" (or "unpublished") items waiting to be edited/confirmed by me (or perhaps officers). Or deleted, in the case of duplicates.
Once approved, the items are then published in the database. Items can then be searched using an extensive search tool, where you can specify any or all of the following search terms
- Item Level
- Specific Item Name (or part thereof)
- Item type (eg: "Armour: Heavy Helm" or "Jewellery: Wrist
- Stat 1 (Greater than, equal to, or less then a specified number)
- Stat 2 (Greater than, equal to, or less then a specified number)
- Stat 3 (Greater than, equal to, or less then a specified number)
Thoughts / Comments / Questions on anything that's unclear?