It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alliance or Raiding with The Red Company?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:07 pm 
Esquire
Esquire

Directed at Balthelion and the Officers (Aed, etc), and to any interested parties!

As some of you know, I have a 105 Hunter in the kinship, The Red Company. On Friday evenings (8pm UK time), I host group content and Raids. The Raid Officer of RC, Lantharion (105 Capt), has asked me to be a go-between and would like to know if you guys might be interested in joining us occasionally on that evening. Or these days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

In effect, to possibly gain a friendly and like-minded alliance for raiding and other social events. Or, if an official Alliance is not possible (from reading the forums, I see that BrightMelody is an allied kin already), for interested players to join RC raids if asked.

Presently, The Red Company has been attempting Throne T1 but has had no success past the first boss. Either we don't have enough players on raid nights, players are under-geared, no mits, or simply too new at grouping and raiding to play effectively. Lantharion and I have been working on getting the raid-interested players obtain experience, gear, and any basic tutoring required for group play.

What the Red Company can offer:
- We will gladly host the Raids on our Teamspeak.
- Our raiders will of course help out the Rangers when they need extra players for group content.
- Invitations to kin social events (musical concerts, etc.)

About the Red Company - http://theredcompany.shivtr.com/
A social, casual raid, light RP kinship. Recently celebrated their 4th year as a kin!

So, please let me know what you think, either here or in-game. And if there is a definite interest for an Alliance, we can chat together with Lantharion to work out any details. You can also find him in-game as Dolvethir.

:)

Saralindele - 35 Minstrel

Post subject: Re: Alliance or Raiding with The Red Company?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

I wouldn't be against it, but I'm too busy to administrate anything on an alliance front myself, as my time in LOTRO is limited as it is these days. And I'm not endgame-geared or particularly motivated to raid these days despite having done the unenvious task of nightly raid leading before :lol:

SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:03 am 
Esquire
Esquire

Ah! No wonder I never see you on high level characters, Bal! Honestly, I don't blame you for avoiding the end-game gear grind. Imo, it's a pain these days, and much worse than the Radiance grind a few years back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm 

I think for T1 stuff it might work, but even T1 needs people to pull their weight, have moderately decent gear and most particularly to follow instructions. Especially tanks and healers.
I wouldn't be against a one-off run to gauge how far off people are.
Being able to complete T2 challenge on Dome, Saari-Surma or RC is a pretty good yardstick - if they can do that, they've got a reasonable chance.

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:55 pm 
Esquire
Esquire

Aed, I completely agree! With the exception of a few players in Red, there is no way I would go T2. So the focus is definitely T1 only. Okay, thanks for the response. They might set something up in the near future and I'll let you know when that happens.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]